Friday, July 16, 2010

I am bad!

I'm not flaky when it comes to doing something that other people rely on me for...like waking up early to give someone else a ride somewhere, or dragging myself out of bed to go to work...anything like that, I find some motivation because I don't want to disappoint anyone.

But when it comes to myself, I'm a big, huge, flake!

I start projects and never finish them, or simply come up with the idea to start a project and never even start it, lol...I'm pretty bad.

Working out, Roller Derby, Sculpting, Sewing...these are just examples of things I said I wanted to start and/or started but never kept up with.

Sigh...what am I going to do with myself? Aside from forcing myself to keep doing at least one of the above hobbies...but the whole forcing thing takes away from the fun of it, lol.

My go-to solution is having other people do the aforementioned with me, because if I had a work out buddy or a roller derby buddy who was relying on me, I'd actually do it on a regular basis!

But really, is that the only solution for me? Convincing other people to start up my hobbies just so I don't quit? I think not, I need to find the motivation within myself...and just do these things if I really want to do them. Roller Derby is the only thing I'm having a really hard time doing alone...just because I need to be able to skate around a rink without falling down before joining the practice team...and Kyle's not one to roller skate :/ lol I'm going to throw the idea by some friends who might also find it interesting/fun...let's hope one of them will at least be willing to help me practice skating, lol.

But everything else, I really just need to DO...otherwise I just end up being bored/disappointed in myself, and that's no fun.

However, speaking of disappointment (and to end this on a lighter note), doesn't this picture just crack you up?


{let's hope I can find the motivation to keep up with my hobbies/projects, m'kay?}

No comments:

Post a Comment