Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dear Life,

you are great. In a filled with surprises and make-me-smile kind of way :)

This week has been pretty wonderful...it started with a video chat from my too-far-away family who I love and adore...Linda was visiting my parents, so she too was in the super awesome video chat. I miss my family so much sometimes, they're some of the greatest people I know, and I miss being at "home" in my old room, waking up to the smell of my mother making breakfast, and the sounds of Sahar watching cartoons (or my Dad watching the news). I miss cuddling with Bambina on cold nights/days (the only time she ever wanted to cuddle, hah).

I'm really looking forward to visiting for Thanksgiving! I get to pretend I still live at "home", except it's all the better because Kyle gets to pretend too. I love how much my family loves Kyle, and how much he loves them...when we're all together, I just feel whole, ya know?

Video-chatting aside, I received such a generous gift as a random act of kindness from our neighbor, Hamlet. He's a really nice man, who's Armenian-Iranian (what a combo, right?) and has this gorgeous/funny big fat cat named Mooshi, and they recently got a pupper (well, he's an older dog, but still cute as a button) and the other day, we both were walking our goggies when we ran into eachother in the hallway...well, he asked me if Dexter was a picky eater, and I laughed and said absolutely not, because seriously, he eats anything he can put into his mouth, lol...so Hamlet got excited, asked me to hold onto his dog for just a minute, came back with a huge bag of dog treats and dog food that his dog doesn't like...honestly, like easily $100 worth of noms! And he just gave them to us! What a sweetheart :) I'm definitely baking them cookies for the holidays! :) :)

In other news, Kyle's Mommy & Grandmommy are flying in tomorrow for a visit! I'm pretty sure it worked out for them because of Veteran's day this weekend...which is good news for us! They haven't been up here yet, so I've made a list of places we can go see and restaurants to eat! :)

I'm really looking forward to just getting through today, going home and cleaning/grocery shopping...is that dorky? hah...oh wells...also, I chopped my hair off again! Well, I didn't do it this time, I actually had a professional have a go at my hair, and she was awesome! Jenny and I went to the Gene Juarez Academy for super awesome/cheap haircuts (seriously, $13 cuts with 20% off for being students) and it's the best and the cheapest cut I've ever gotten. And it was the best experience too, I super clicked with my stylist...and I'm kind of bummed that I was her last haircut (she's graduating Sunday, and is stopping by my store in search of graduation shoes, hah) But honestly, I'm hoping to stay in touch, because I don't really want anyone else to cut my hair, ever again, lol.

TTFN
(Ta-ta-for-now! hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment