Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Music Makes the World Go Round

Oh how I love to feel the bass shake my rib bones to the beat of a song! There is nothing quite like the feeling of being encompassed by music at a concert. I feel like very few people know the feeling I'm talking about, or at least, can have the same feeling drug/alcohol free (like me).

I just looooove going to live shows :)

Even if it means I can never see the stage because I'm short.
Even if it means I'm surrounded by g-r-o-s-s sticky, icky, sweaty bodies.
Even if it means inconsiderate girls (or guys) with long, bushy, gross hair, stand directly in front of me, and their hair gets all in my face.
Even if it means I'm in a crowd of fans who aren't really fans, and don't really care about the music (and often spend the entire show just yelling really loudly to their friends)

Despite all the things I hate about concerts, I'd go to one every day if I could.

Just to feel/hear/experience the music!

I spent this past weekend at the Capitol Hill Block Party, and I had a blast! Best veggie dogs/kettle corn/music festival experience I've had in a while (though really, nothing could compare to SF Outside Lands '08).

Musical highlights: Francis and the Lights, Yeasayer, Holy Fuck, MGMT, The Dead Weather!

{all photos are credited to Suzie Pratt of Seattle Show Girl, I didn't think I could sneak my camera in, and I totally should have!}

No comments:

Post a Comment