Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello Stranger(s)!

It's been a while, I know. I've been busy, kind of, lol.
June 30th-July 6th I was in lovely San Diego for Sahar's quinceanera. I'll post pictures eventually, I'm still in the process of processing them. It was a really busy "vacation" running from one place to the next.

So let's start at the beginning, I landed, and went to lunch with Kyle, my mom, Omied, Sahar and Ryan. We went to the Big Kitchen, where we stuffed our faces with too much food. Afterwards, we held a short waltz practice where really, nothing was accomplished, lol. Then we (Kyle, me, Sahar, Olivia, Claire, Chrissy, Omied, Simone & RC, Anders, Daniel L., Sean and Scott) all went to Sipz for dinner. It was a joyous feast, and somehow our dinners turn into these huge feasts, even if it's not a special occasion, lol. Afterwards Sahar, Chrissy, Claire, Olivia and I headed over to Grossmont Mall to watch Eclipse...and the boys went on a man-date to watch Toy Story 3 (which I sadly, still haven't seen!)

The rest of the trip was variations of that day, holding waltz practices, going out to eat, lots of time with both family and friends. Saturday, the day of the quinceanera many, many things went wrong, but in the end it all worked out, which is what's important, right? The quinceanera was a total sucess, Diego took a lot of amazing pictures, with me mostly just positioning the kiddos, we're actually a pretty good team, haha. Lots of eating and dancing occurred. Linda and I had our first drinks together :) we ended up buying two handles of Pomegrante Margarita ready-to-serve mix from Costco instead of another case of beer like my mom asked, hahahaha :D

Sunday consisted of a lot of vitamin D absorption, we had a picnic atop Presidio Park and had a perfect view of the fireworks. Fenris came out with us, and destroyed Claire's frisbee in 3 swift motions, lol. We got a little BBQ going, and lots of food and alcohol was consumed, as it should be on the 4th of July, lol. Kyle and Diego left that night for Seattle. I hung out until Tuesday morning. Monday we went to the Del Mar Fair for a little bit, walked around, had a falafel burger, watched the Swift Piggy Race, as well as the Hypnotist, then rode Magnum before selling the rest of our fair tickets, and bolting over to Chris' parent's house for dinner. As usual, dinner was delicious, and it was my first night at their house being able to enjoy their lovely, lovely wine. The best was of course, the champagne mixed with pomegrante juice :)

{Seriously, Pomegrante was the flavor of the weekend!}

After getting home around 12am, and then spending a good hour or so packing, I passed out around 1:30am, and then had to wake up at 4:30am to get over to the Esh house to pick up Linda & Chris for our 6:45am flight...what's kinda funny is that it was our first time flying together, and we didn't even plan on it! We just ended up being on the same flight, which was hilarious...unfortunately, Chris' kind gesture of buying us all coffee went a bit south when I spilled coffee myself MULTIPLE times anyway, because my boss is honestly the sweetest person on earth, I didn't even have to go into work Tuesday. Instead, Kyle picked me up, and we headed home to nap, lol. Then we picked up Diego from work, and in order to avoid an idiot driver who cut us off, Kyle had to slam on the breaks, which then caused Diego to spill his tea on my head/hair/back of my shirt...looking back, it's pretty hilarious, because really, it should've just gone right onto the seat, but no, it went right through the hole in the headrest, lol We went to OK Noodle and pigged out because we were all hungry.

And that pretty much summarizes my weekend in SD. Since then I've just been too lazy to write this all out, lol. Seriously, this is one of many attempts to write more and post it, but I think I've said everything this time, so I'll finally post this entry :)

Pictures are on their way, worry not!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment