Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am here!

I know it doesn't appear that way sometimes, but I promise you, I am still here, I still live and breathe! I haven't disappeared, I swear!

My life is rather boring (yes, the same old complaint), I am going to work, doing school work, and taking care of Dexter (so I have very little "me" time!). I can't find anytime to just sit and muse on my thoughts, because my furry little beastie just doesn't comprehend sitting still and just being, haha. He is getting much better at "self soothing" and just playing on his own, but when he rushes over to me so excited and happy just to play with me, I can't help but devote all my free time to him! We spend a lot of time outdoors, though to be honest, he always needs to be pushed a little further on our walks, mostly because he'd rather be at home playing with his toys and Kyle. Our family snuggles on the couch are highlights of my day ^^ nothing like cuddling up with my favorite boys!

Lately we've been having "puppy parties" out on the lawn with the other puppies in our apartment complex. It's so nice to be able to socialize Dexter with other people and dogs on a daily basis without having to go too far. This morning he went potty despite the gardner's scary loud lawnmowers :) Also, we are down to no accidents/1 accident every couple of days, and let me tell you, it is great having a potty trained pup!

Life outside of Dexter related things is pretty boring. Kyle and I are doing well, aside from a slightly off day yesterday. But, really, nothing to be worried about, just a lot of stress leading to bursting of emotions, leading to lots of apologies, flowers, and make up cuddles. Life is tough, but I can't imagine my life without the man I love!

In other news, my bridesmaid dress came in the mail today, and to my surprise, it looks fabulous on me! You know when you buy clothes online that look amazing, and then you get them and try them on, and they look mediocre/awful? That's what I was afraid was going to happen...but I'm proud to report that the color is lovely, the cut is flattering, and it fits like a glove! Annnndd, if I ever get around to finding time to exercise and lose a little weight, it'll still fit...maybe even better! :)

Speaking of clothes, I will soon be the proud owner of a cute little piece of lingerie made by my oh-so-talented friend Yanira! Check out her company Madam Mignon on etsy! Or twitter, or blogger, or tumblr! Whatever strikes your fancy! She is amazing at what she does, and I hope success finds her way! She and her boyfriend Lee will be moving up to Seattle next year, and I'm SO excited! She's just one of those people I adore! Like the "makes me smile every time I see them" kind of adore! What's fantastic is that Jenny also adores her, so I'm very much looking forward to our future girl group :)

Carly and I keep trying to go skating, with no success :( If it's not my life getting in the way, it is hers...and it sucks! Because I think she'd be a great derby partner...and by partner I mean someone who will attempt to join derby with me! Oh, speaking of new friends, Jenny's friend Caitlin recently moved to Olympia (like a few weeks ago) and we all had so much fun when she came to visit us! Jenny and I want to throw a little Halloween party...which will probably only consist of me, Kyle, Jenny, Diego, Carly, Caitlin...and maybe Diego's friend Scott, lol ...but that counts as enough people for a party, right? Maybe if we call it a "kick-back" or a "get-together" it'll sound less pathetic, lol.

Speaking of Halloween, we are all quite excited for the upcoming holiday! Our balcony is pimped out with fake spidey webs, and hanging pumpkin/ghost lights ^^ it's pretty cute! We also bought a little Halloween banner, and a table runner, just for fun! Oh, and not to mention our cute skull Halloween cups! I'll post pictures when I find them, lol...

p.s. I feel so bad because I always say I'm going to post pictures, and then I don't...yes, I'm pretty lame! :(

p.p.s. don't you just LOVE this clutch!






Yes, I said clutch! Based on book covers! Oh, Kate Spade, I like your style!

3 comments:

  1. I want a pet badly! Unfortunately our current room mates are not fans of this idea. I almost adopted a black kitty the other day. To say no to its large blue eyes and shiny fur was absolutely heart-breaking. Oh misery.

    You're too kind! My thoughts are alike to yours when I think about you Sety! I very much enjoyed Jenny's company, she makes lovely conversation. Sadly we weren't striking in the room mate department and when Haley/Michael approached us for San Diego living(I think you remember them from the slut/rock party) we couldn't refuse. (Lee is moving out sooner/we were planning on Seattle for January.) BUT I can assure you, we are moving North when Lee finishes his degree which is more than halfway finished. In the meantime, a visit will ensue, promise!

    I am in LOVE with Kate Spade's clutch. Though, I'm not in love with the 325 sticker price. I'm going to make an imitation out of felt but of the original cover: http://yourenglishclass.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/gatsbycover.jpg I can totes make you one for Christmas, hehe.

    xoxo Yanira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Yanira you should just adopt the kitty and keep him as a secret pet...that would work, right? haha...also, while I'm a bit bummed that January wouldn't have worked for us to all live together, in the future, I'm thinking/dreaming of renting a house so we could all be roomies! So tell Lee to hurry his butt up with his degree, hehe! Also, you're always welcome to visit! Whenever you want m'dear!

    p.s. $325=the death of me...but I would love you forever if you made me an imitation one for Christmas...and I'm not gonna lie, I'd love it all the more because it came from you!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be perfect! I love big houses versus apartments, especially when they're full of friendly people! When does your lease end?

    ReplyDelete