Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello Out There!

Went to my first derby bout last night, and can I just say that I'm even more in love with the idea than I ever was before?

The girls...they just kick SO much ass, it's awesome!

I looked over at Kyle and asked "Do you think I could really do that?"
He replied, "Of course, and I would be so proud of you."

So there it is, this girl is seriously getting her butt in gear...I'm going to have to work so hard, but honestly, at the very least I think I could make it into the Rat Lab (girls who make try-outs practice with the other girls in the Rat Lab until they're chosen by one of the official league teams).

I mean, I'm tough (when I want to be), I'm athletic (when I want to be)...I could totally be an awesome derby girl! I've got the equipment, now I just need to get really good at skating :)

No matter how intimidating the skating rink is this time, I'm going to get out there and just have fun. And if I fall on my ass repeatedly, well it's just good practice for later. And I'll think of it as character building.

Worst case scenario, I'm a horrible skater and my life carries on as normal as usual....best case scenario, I'm partaking in the awesome sport that is roller derby! :)

p.s. Re-animateher, Corre Camino, Anya Heels and Georgia O'grief ...you were so friggin awesome last night...I totally look up to you :)

2 comments:

  1. gaaah I want to do this so badly with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should! if/when you come up here!! i would love company on this adventure, for now i'm just training at the gym...and moving onto skates slowly, lol :)

    ReplyDelete