Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm bad at this...

Updating this blog is something I just don't seem to find the time to do...which is weird. But it might have something to do with the fact that things have been a little crazy in our neck of the woods.

Some happy notes:
I love this restaurant called El Chupcabra, it's right down the street from my job, and they have plenty of awesome vegan dishes that are to-die for :)

I'm having fun making Valentine's day decorations for work...they're cute.

It's gotten a lot warmer up here...as in I can wear just one light sweater/jacket and not feel like I'm going to freeze to death.

I'm going to start participating in PostCrossing  I've been wanting to for some time now, and while looking for a receipt in my wallet today, found a whole bunch of stamps that I probably won't use, so I'm going to send them around the world. Just because I can't leave and travel on a whim doesn't mean my postage can't, right?

Some less than happy notes:
I've come to realize that my friendship with a former best friend will never be fixed. Too much has happened, and I have now completely given up hope on fixing things with them.

It's pretty awful realizing someone you thought was your friend has grown to hate you as a person, despite only being nice to that person.

I got so little sleep last night, I just couldn't stop musing over what I could have done wrong to deserve such mistreatment.

Also, I have this terrible pit in my stomach, which notifies me that bad news is on the horizon. In regards to what, I don't know. But I'm anxious/worried nonetheless. I've had no real appetite today, and I attribute it to both my uneasiness and my lack of sleep. By 6pm, all I had had all day was coffee, some water, and some chocolate. I heated up my lunch (tomato soup), but after a few bites I couldn't eat any more.

So, dear readers, I am still here, just trying to keep my chin up. Hopefully next time I write, I'll bear some good news.

3 comments:

  1. Sety! CALL ME! (if you need to talk, doll. I know we don't have the best precedent for phone-chats... but we can always get better. something like old dogs and new tricks)

    Love you! how is the university application/decision process going? how is dog? Kyle? your lovely self?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah, all is well, worry not, I'm getting it all figured out! Dexter's still as adorable/happy as ever :) Kyle got an awesome job offer, so we're hoping that all works out. I am me, trying to fight off the anxiety that was a problem in high school. But really, I'm fine, just tired, it's been a long winter.

    @Yanira <3 right back at you, honey! hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete