Monday, December 14, 2009

Avoidance

 I am avoiding studying for my finals...luckily there are only 2 left...unluckily, I lack the motivation to crack open the books and try to learn. Sigh...this always happens, I enjoy learning, and I usually like my classes, however, the last week or two is just dreadful because I'm so full to the brim with stuff I've learned, and it's at this point my apathy and impatience kicks in. 

I'd rather just eat my home made cookies and watch Christmas movies.

On the same note of avoidance, I'm awfully indecisive about what to get Kyle for Christmas...I've got a few present ideas, two of them that I'm really between...one of them being ridiculous/funny/kind of a joke/practical...and the other being something he's mentioned he likes/would want/useful/I think he'd really enjoy having. Sigh...or I could just get him a bunch of small things, there are a handful of movies I know he'd enjoy having...or I could get him a signed copy of a first edition book by his favorite author. There are endless possibilities! The worst part being that he's the person who's opinion I rely on on a daily basis! I just want to ask him what he'd rather me get him, because in the end, I just want to make him happy! Sigh...

Aside from this being the most stressful of the presents I'm thinking about getting people...I've still got quite a bit of shopping to do...and I guess I'm just going to have to do that when I get into San Diego, I'm not really sure how we're going to pack all the presents we've already gotten plus clothes! haha...The bright side is I bought a few things online, and just had them shipped to my parent's house :)

I really can't wait to be back in San Diego! All my best friends will be home, and it's been forever since I've seen the extra important ones (Sarah!! Claire! Sanya!) so I will be tackling them the second I get a chance! I love the holiday season! And spending time with all the people I care about! :) Linda and Chris are managing to make it down for Christmas after all, so I'm incredibly excited to see them too! (The slight downside being that the only reason they're coming down is because Linda doesn't have to work the day after Christmas because she lost her job...however, she hated her boss and has been planning on leaving for quite some time now! So good for her! Now she can find a job she really enjoys where they really appreciate her!)

I've fallen into a weird sleeping pattern, slightly off than my normal sleeping pattern...it's kind of weird/upsetting...the problem, I think, is that for the past 2 weeks or so I've had coffee everyday because we bought awesome cinnamon bun dairy free creamer (which I'm addicted to)...but the past few days I've been too lazy to make coffee, so I think I'm a little out of sync. Sigh...anyway, I should try to sleep. Today is Kyle and I's 18 month anniversary, lol, so I'm going to surprise him with a nice dinner, and a little present :)

No comments:

Post a Comment