Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Warriors

My weekend began with an adventure to Costco with the roomies (Kyle, Jenny, and Diego), which is something we've kind of been putting off/not really putting off, life has just been getting in the way of our grocery shopping. We bought a butt-load of stuff! We haven't spent that much money at Costco in forever! But, seriously, we needed to go to Costco weeks ago, and as more time passed, more stuff was needed! On the bright side, we won't need to go grocery shopping for at least a month, haha, maybe two!

After going to Costco, we went home so we could drop off/put away our food, pick up Dexter, the cameras, and some jackets, and then we headed down to Discovery Park. We took D & J down the same path we went last time, through the forest, and down to the beach. We made it just as the sun was setting, and it was beautiful :) It had been a clear day, so the sunset was extra gorgeous! Then it was a race against the light as we went back up through the canopy covered forest and headed back to the car, we made it back before it got too dark. Dexter had so much fun, he loved all the running around in a new environment! I'll post my pictures from that evening eventually :)

Saturday wasn't too exciting, lots of building/cleaning...I made black bean burgers for dinner, and they were yummy! We (Kyle and I) recently got sucked into watching True Blood, so we did that pretty much the entire evening. We also played Scrabble :)

Sunday was fun! Jenny & I went shopping at the mall, and we bought a bunch of cute stuff, mostly in preparation for fall/winter :) After our shopping spree, I went and had dinner with Carly. It was funny/awkward because we went to The Highline and ran into our boss and her husband (what are the chances?). They were finishing their dinner and we had just put in our order, luckily it wasn't too awkward despite our boss recently being mad at Carly. For dinner I had the "Fish Sammich" and a "Strawberry Fields"...the sammich was delicious, and tasted just like a fish sammich without being too fishy, and my drink was very yummy! I enjoyed it a lot more than the "Tortuga" I got last time we were there! Carly got a salad and some beer, and we just spent the first half of our evening chatting away. Afterwards we went back to her new place (she's renting a room in this super cool house) went down to the food mart, bought some beer, walked back to her place, and chilled in their kitchen and talked some more. It's really cool having met someone who I can actually talk to, lol. I adore all my girl friends, but it's nice having some new ones to talk to, both Jenny and Carly are so my type of friend, it's great! I think they'd really get along well, so I'm going to introduce them soon :) I think I've managed to talk them both into attempting to skate with me, haha, so that'll be fun!

Oh, Carly and I also had a great talk about music, and we jokingly/seriously are thinking about starting a little indie girl band with lots of clapping, ukelele playing, tamborines, and lots of "ooohs" and "aaahs", just for fun! hehehe :D

Overall, it was a fun weekend, and I'll do a post full of pictures the next time I'm near my camera :)

1 comment: