Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Civic

Oh how that Honda Civic has been missed, and will continue to be missed. In that glorious little car, Kyle and I shared many happy memories. I can not even remember how many nights I snuck out of my house, and into that car. Sunroof opened up so we could count the stars, the seats reclined all the way back. In front of my house, around the corner from my house...in the Dailard parking lot...
Oh Dailard, you weren't my elementary school, but I spent a lot of time in your parking lot. Remember that first night in the parking lot? Kyle and were just "friends" then...it was incredibly late, and we were listening to music, Kyle trying (and succeeded) to impress me by using his phone to give his laptop wifi, and hooking it up to the speakers of his car, so we could listen to whatever we want. You asked me to name a band, I said the Doors. Before you could ask me what song, you were already playing it...we laid there listening to "Light my Fire", I blushed and said you read my mind. We sang along and shared that intimate moment...then we continued talking about music. Discovering my favorites were your favorites, talking about our most embarrassing favorite songs and bands. You gushed over the All American Rejects, I tried to get you to appreciate Paramore's first album.
What about that one night. We were dating now, and we were still sneaking out and spending the night in the Dailard parking lot. We weren't listening to music then, I was curled up next to you and we were talking about the stars. It got quiet, and I asked "Tell me a secret...something that no one else knows". You looked me in the eyes, and I knew what you were going to say...what we both wanted to say but couldn't find the courage. Well my dear, you took the opening, and you said "I love you". My heart melts a little every time I look back on this. Your eyes were so honest, you almost whispered it, you looked so vulnerable because for some reason you didn't know how I'd respond. I laughed and, then I knew you were being honest. I asked "are you being cute, or are you being serious?" You gave me a nervous smile and said "both?". We leaned in and kissed, and I pressed my forehead against yours and said "I love you too".

No comments:

Post a Comment