Monday, January 25, 2010

The Phone Call



Scene: the living room, we're taking an afternoon nap before completely being engulfed by school work...when the phone rings.


I look at my phone, the number says "with held", normally I wouldn't answer a number I don't recognize, but for some reason I did. Maybe it's because I've been applying to a lot of jobs, and I would've kicked myself if I missed a call from a potential employer. Here's the conversation:


Me: "Hello?"
Unrecognizable Male Voice: "Hi"
Me:"Hi..."
UMV: "You sound sad, is everything ok?"
Me: (slightly taken aback by the question) "What? Uh, yeah, I'm fine."
UMV: "Are you sure? You sound like something's wrong..."
Me: "Oh, uh, no." (trying to figure out who it is, because I can almost place the voice...)
UMV: "Oh, ok. Well, Happy 7 Month Anniversary"
-awkward pause-
Me: "Oh, um, I think you have the wrong number, who is this?"
UMV: "Ryan?"
Me: "Yeah...you have the wrong number, sorry."
UMV: "Oh..." (hangs up, just as I realize he might be Sahar's Ryan)


Me (to Kyle): "That was really weird...but I think it might have been Sahar's boyfriend."


(Phone Rings)


Me: "Hello?"
Ryan: "Who is this?"
Me: "Is this Sahar's Ryan??"
Ryan: "Yeah?"
Me: (laugh) "This is Sety!"
Ryan: "What? Do you have her phone or something?"
Me: "No! This is so weird, are you sure you're calling the right number?"
Ryan: "Yeah, I don't even have your phone number! Are you guys messing with me?!"
Me: "No! No, no! I'm in Seattle! I'm not even in San Diego! Haha, you should just call her on the house phone..."


{Story Short: My sister's phone calls are being forwarded to my phone for some unknown reason...it's been quite hilarious.}

1 comment:

  1. tee hee

    seven months! geez! this is a serious little romance sahar is having...

    ReplyDelete