Sunday, January 10, 2010

The first week in 2010

The first week of  2010 started so great, ended so horribly, and now, when I have some spare time, I guess I'll explain.
I was so optimistic, and there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps everything going so right, is the reason everything went so wrong. Thursday night/Friday morning was a time of no sleep, lots of stress, lots of sadness, and in general, a great feeling of hopelessness I never wish to experience again. I won't go into details for privacy's sake, but I'll just say that the only bright side was that it was resolvable, it just needed time. Upon arriving at my parent's home, absolutely exhausted, and with my mother fully aware of it, she decided to unload her feelings on a topic also too private to openly discuss. After all that had happened, she picked the worst time to talk about this. I stormed out of the house crying, with a dying cell phone, and not much else. I walked to the park 5 minutes away from my house, sat at a bench, and cried some more. In all honesty, it was the worst day I had had in a LONG time. The worst part being that I was so alone in my misery, and the one person I wanted to talk to more than anyone was unreachable for the time being.
A few minutes later, my brother texted me with some overtly ridiculous solutions to what he thought was bothering me, I explained that our mother was the current problem, and because he's my big brother and looks out for me, he snuck me into his room and created a mini-refuge (have I mentioned how much I love him?). My mom, feeling guilty for her actions called me and asked me to come home (not knowing I already was there) after a tearful apology, we hugged, I went into the guest bedroom and slept for hours.


When I woke up, it was nearly time to get ready for the "baby jesus party" which I was afraid wasn't going to be very successful (for me at least), however, everything turned out alright. With the exception of my dying cell phone, who now claims my SIM card is missing or inactive (neither of which are true), so Kyle tried throwing my SIM card into his phone, and it didn't work there either. Sigh...so I now need to get it examined.


San Diego was a fun/stressful trip, and I can honestly say I am glad to be back in my comfy apartment with time to just focus on me/my interests.
This morning was a pretty good indication that my luck is turning around...I think I mentioned this before, but because we had to park in the airport parking lot, we were going to have to pay $416...however, we found a ticket that was dated 1/07/2010, so we only had to pay $78! We stopped to get air in our tires before  heading home cause they were pretty low, experienced little to no traffic, grabbed some groceries, stopped at the bank to make some deposits, lugged our bags upstairs, got the mail, made a sammich, then planned on going to the Att store...and instead passed out for a couple of hours.


All in all, I'm still feeling optimistic, and tomorrow's gonna be a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment