Sunday, August 8, 2010

Exhibitchin'

Last night was...bitchin'! lol

Carly and I went to Exhibitchin' at the EMP (Experience Music Project) and it was lots of fun! It was a 60's themed "dance party" with a bar, a dance floor, all the exhibits were open, there were stylists giving girls beehives and a make up artist, etc. etc.

The bands were groovy, and we even received a complimentary beer for showing up early enough! Carly had her makeup done, and despite wanting to get my hair done, I didn't end up doing it. The one guy I wanted to do my hair was really popular, but he was doing a great job with all the hairstyles. Unfortunately, right as it was about to be my turn, he leaves for "5 mins"...which turned into 15 minutes...and then he gets back with a beer in his hand and is just chatting away, so we ask when we should come back, and he says in another 5 minutes, so we leave to go buy a record, we're back in like 3 minutes, and he's already doing another girl's hair. So I just gave up, lol.

Which turned out to be fine because we decided to leave a little early and go to The Highline, the new vegan bar in town. I had the "Santa Fe" sandwich, and it was oh-so-divine! My drink, the "Tortuga" was a bad choice, hah...it just wasn't tasty, but it might be good to someone else, I just prefer fruity chick drinks, or at least something with some sort of flavor to it. The "Tortuga" was just Hornitos+Scotch+Sweet Vermouth...and it was no bueno, I didn't even drink most of it, I ended up just having some of Carly's beer, lol.

Overall though, the night was quite a success! Carly and I chatted all night long, and it was so refreshing to hang out with a girl and just go out! lol :) I really hope we can plan some more adventures...and I really hope that she ends up moving to Seattle (she's currently in Bothell which is about 30 mins away) and that way we can hang out more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment