Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone!

Our week in San Diego went surprisingly smooth...no complications, no drama...it was really nice :)

I didn't get to spend too much time with friends since we're all so busy, but I almost saw everyone at least once! The majority of my week though was spent with family, which was really nice :) I probably spent too much money on people's presents, but it was worth it to see their delighted faces! Chris unfortunately couldn't make it down with Linda, he spent Christmas in San Louis Obispo with Grandma Julia.

Kyle and I did a lot of running around to see family! Christmas Eve we first did early dinner with his Mom, Kaleb, Auntie B & Uncle Bob & their kids. Then we went to my parent's house to spend time with family and friends. Tamales & Games were followed by our traditional trek to midnight Mass :) Christmas morning was spent with my family with lots of coffee, breakfast, and of course, present opening! Then we went to his Mommy's house and we opened presents, then went over to his Grandma's house where we did more presents and dinner. Afterwards, we once again went back to my parent's house, my mom made Persian food for Christmas day dinner :) Lots of food, games, and good times :)

For the majority of the week, it was as if everything was totally normal and fine...which was such a relief! It was an actual vacation!

I really didn't want to leave...but here I am, second day back in Seattle.

New Year's Eve is on Friday, and I have to confess that I am terrified of the upcoming new year. I mean, sure, there are quite a few things I'm looking forward to...but there are some inevitable things that are approaching quickly. My dad's health, for example, is looking worse and worse. Essentially we are at the end of the line here...my Dad's kidney can no longer function on its own, he goes to dialysis every other day for 4-6 hour sessions. He is exhausted all the time, he can't take more than 5-10 steps without having to stop because he's just so drained of energy. It's really hard to see him as he is...it's just terrifying thinking that he won't be with us much longer. My dad is an essential part to our family's foundation, and I don't know how we'll function without him. It's terrifying to think that it's incredibly likely my dad will pass away in this new year. I mean, the doctors don't even have a "game plan" at this point, sure they put him on the donor list, but the wait is about 5 years. But, honestly, even with dialysis every other day, my dad can't make it another 5 years.

Wow, this topic somehow got really heavy, I was trying to post something light, but I guess it'd be ridiculous to ignore everything but the light happy stuff...but anyway.

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for having had a peaceful, merry Christmas with the people that I love. Hope you had a Merry Christmas too, reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment