Friday, December 3, 2010

Funky Town

but not the fun version.

I don't really know what it is, maybe it's the aforementioned stressed/distraught, but I've been in a bad funk recently. I've given a lot of thought about changing certain aspects of my life that I never thought I'd consider. But that's life, right? I won't mention what I've been thinking about to save readers from worrying, especially considering I've just been THINKING I have not actually acted upon my thoughts.

I just feel "off", but that's probably because Kyle and I have been a little "off" the past few days. To the point where both of us have stepped on each other's emotional toes just a few too many times, resulting in a nearly sleepless night. I guess I just never thought we'd do that to each other. But to be honest, this past year has presented a lot of stresses on our relationship. In eleven days we will hit the 2 and 1/2 year mark. It's a long time to be together, and sometimes it's easy to focus less on our relationship, and more on other things. To be honest, I think we just need a real date. Before the stresses of life came in, before we moved to Seattle...we went on dates all the time. No, I don't mean we went out every night, I just mean we spent dedicated amounts of time to one-on-one time where we can just live in our little love bubble. Recently those dates have turned into the occasional narwhal game, which is fine and dandy, but the occasional alone time isn't enough for me most days.

Not to mention, we will soon be rooming with two more friends...and the 4-2 outnumbering of boys to girls will be interesting...and by interesting, I mean I don't know how it'll go, haha. I'm worried that the Testosterone levels will be too high all the time...which means Jenny and I are going to have to find a way to not feel neglected/forgotten/overly picked on. Because our boyfriends our assholes. Not to us of course, but to each other, and to their friends. Soon we will be living with 4 assholes, and let me tell you...that's a lot to deal with. But it's not as if I don't like our new roomies individually, or even spending time with them together...it's a matter of living together, ya know what I mean? Kyle + Diego is sometimes even too much asshole to deal with! lol Sigh...oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine. It'll definitely take a few weeks of "transition" where we begin to adjust to expanding our apartment to fitting so many people, lol. On the bright side, our rent payments will go down...and next summer if we all still want to live together + Yanira and Lee, we can rent out a really big house, and I think that'd be fun :) Though at that point, I'm sure Jenny, Yanira and I will need to have an Estrogen only room ;) aka a library/craft room preferably near the kitchen. I would also love a house with a big backyard for a certain pupper, with space for a little garden for us to grow our veggies :)

Rambles aside, Kyle is planning to surprise me with a pick-me-up tonight when he picks-me-up from work, and I'm really looking forward to it :)

1 comment:

  1. Surprise dates are the best! Except when you're in your jammies and reservations are set in 20 minutes at a particularly high-panache French restaurant (lol! D: oh miseeeery, this has happened to me).

    Focus on yourself more! You're too good of a person to be down for too long :)

    Take walks with your camera! Wrap yourself in unpracticed hobbies, develop new ones! Love the little things, do the little things! Cut the crusts off your sandwiches if it makes you happy.

    Then in no time at all, Lee and I will be driving to Seattle and it'll be Summer :D

    Craft room will be used everyday and totally girl-zone!! We can make hair accessories, decorate furniture for the house, nails/hair/make-up, up-cycle clothes, tons of things!

    It's only human to have doubts about everything, even about the good that so many would kill for and it's all worth that uncertainty once you find yourself in a moment (any moment at all) that makes you realize why!

    The rubbery sound their macaroni-and-cheese filled cheek makes when they smile at lunch time. The familiar woman who is always happy and wearing 3 purses, the familiar woman who is angry throwing away all her purses at puppies who's really just afraid. The grass! The sun! The snow! Smiling strangers! A moment that shouts THISISWHY♥

    ReplyDelete