Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kyle's Birthday! and More!

Dear Kyle's mommy 20 years ago yesterday, you gave birth to my amazing boyfriend, so honestly, and I mean it, thank you! Because you did all the work! :)


Kyle's 20th Birthday was yesterday, Wednesday. And, we are obviously back in San Diego. Let me tell you, this pretty little city is currently burning like a soul in hell! It is RIDICULOUS! It's honestly been over 100 degrees every day we've been here! Back home in the NW it was reaching high 80s...I think it got up to 90 the day we left...but either way, over 100 is TOO hot for comfort! Oh well, soon we'll be back to our nice weather where it's not sweltering and so hot that you can't stand being outside for too long!


For Kyle's birthday, we basically spend the day eating, haha. We started the morning off with breakfast...my mommy made some of her infamous fries, I made some scrambled eggs...nothing too special, but it was nice. A few hours down the line, we decided on Brazilian Bowls for lunch which was a great decision, it was cold and refreshing! After visiting K's mommy at her work, we decided on dinner plans with his family, and ate at Sipz. The meal was large and delicious, but the best part was the dessert. Not only did they bring out a lighted candle on a  BIG piece of chocolate cake, we also ordered the Banana Cake, and the Raspberry Cheesecake! Yum for Vegan desserts!! Afterwards, we went back to my house and passed out from the food coma that had settled in.


We woke to the sounds of the TV blasting the news, my dad sure does love his CNN in the morning. We lazed around for a bit, then decided we wanted Big Kitchen for breakfast...and managed to get there around 1:30, haha. We met up with Diego and Scott, ate some french toast and waffles and potatoes, and hung out accidentally past their closing time. I went to pick up Sahar from school, Kyle hung out with his friends. Sahar and I got home and it was like old times I swear. We were making plans to hang out, but she's doing this stupid thing where she's going to school, so she had a bunch of tests to study for and homework to do, and then she remembered that it was also her Open House at her high school (that still surprises me...that my little sister is in High School! Shit! haha)


So I decided that was all extra lame and went swimming with Kyle, Diego, Jenny, Scott, Anders, Taylor, and Jessica. Which was super awesome because the water felt amazing after dying of heat all day...and it was lots of fun as well. Then we went to Coldstone, where I saw a girl named Brittany, I went to middle/high school with her, but I can't remember her last name...anyway, all I really remember is that she got crazy into drugs and lost ridiculous amounts of weight, and I'm pretty sure she dropped out of high school. After Coldstone, we all went to Sipz (minus Jessica & Taylor; plus Joaquin & Emily) and had mass amounts of food, it was fantastic as usual. I got some BBQ fusion rolls (vegan sushi), Kyle got the Thai "Chicken" Curry, both of the dishes were great, but I think I liked Kyle's more. Oh, and we both got Strawberry Lemonade, because it's probably the best Strawberry Lemonade in SD :) Then we all hung out at Christoff's for a while, Kyle & I left around 1am-ish because we're trying to keep healthy sleeping habits, haha.


I received a lovely video message from Claire (she's currently studying abroad in England) and it just reminded me of how much I miss her! :( Being in San Diego is great, except for the fact that all of my friends have already gone back to school...well, except for Chrissy/Chris...but they're so busy, I haven't even seen them yet. Hopefully I get to see them on Saturday though!


Goodnight San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment