Monday, September 21, 2009

Strawberry Banana Pancakes and Netflix

Today began with Kyle making breakfast while I played Megaman 9 haha :) Well, actually, I was sleeping while Kyle was playing Megaman, then he came and woke me up. I was watching him play the game while grumbling about breakfast and he told me he'd make breakfast as long as I kept playing, a request I gladly accepted.


I don't know if you've ever played Megaman...or Megaman9...but we were playing on easy, and it was extremely difficult! haha. I tried the "Tornado Man" level multiple times, to no real avail. There are these spinning (batteries?) things on a wire moving back and forth, and they're incredibly difficult. I passed the first part a few times, but it was heart breaking to have to start ALL over, time after time! Kyle suggested I play the "Galaxy Man" level because he liked the music and had fun when he was playing it earlier. So I tried, and did pretty well, eventually, I even beat Galaxy Man himself! (Kyle hasn't even beaten a boss yet, so it was quite the achievement!) Soon after, while I tried the "Plug Man" level a few times and desperately failed once or twice, Kyle announced from the kitchen that breakfast was ready!


He had made strawberry-banana pancakes and some scrambled eggs, along with a peanut-butter chocolate banana soymilk shake! It was delicious :) and after glancing through the Instant Queue (we're kind of addicted to Netflix) we decided to watch Say Anything. My mom called at some point, we got buzzed by two different delivery guys, and overall distracted, which I kind of really hate during movies, but I've seen it numerous times, so it was forgivable! Aside from that, and planning all the things we need to do tomorrow, we didn't really do anything tomorrow. Which reminds me, we need to do laundry so that we have clean clothes to pack!


For Kyle's birthday (which is Wednesday) he decided that he'd really like to spend it with his friends and family, which was totally fine with me, we've been feeling kind of home sick. Well, not "home" sick exactly...more like "people" sick. Our weather and new city have been beautiful...and I kind of just wish that all of our friends lived here...our families visiting often, of course. haha. It will be so nice to be back in San Diego, even if it's just for a week! Then we get to start school the day after we get back! But for now I'll just worry about getting Kyle something for his birthday. It's nearly impossible to do considering he's with me all the time, but I've got a few plans up my sleeves! :)


Tonight I will:
1. Do laundry!
2. Pack!
3. Clean!
4. Check into our Flight!
5. Sleep? (haha, hopefully)


Tomorrow we are:
1. Going to the DOL to apply for WA state drivers licenses (we don't have DMVs up here, we have Departments of Licensing, which is like the DMV but perfectly organized into different offices depending on what you need to get done. when I registered the new car, it honestly took me maybe 20 mins! it was beautiful...)
2.  Mailing everything I've been planning on mailing...birthday packages to Sarah, Sondra, Jamala, Sanya, and Linda (I'm horrible, I know, holding so many people's presents hostage! I've just been so busy!)
3.  Dropping off some Job Applications
4. Getting to the Airport by 5pm (maybe earlier would be a better idea? I guess we're just parking our car in the airport parking lot and hoping no one breaks into it the entire week it'll be sitting there? OR maybe we'll just take a cab...)

Goodnight for now, I guess the next time I'll write will be directly from San Diego! Or, if I'm so occupied I don't have any down time...when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment