Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The City Sleeps, But I Do Not...

I am back in the lovely San Diego, lying on the guest bed in the office.
Kyle & I stayed up all night last night to insure we made it on time for our flight, so after the excitement/adrenaline of running around airports wore off, and after having a filling brunch at The Big Kitchen (thanks Mommy!) the second we had a little bit of down time (we were making plans to go to the movies...) we totally passed out...for about 6 hours. Around 10pm, I stifled tears because I had missed Gossip Girl, had a mini-heart attack because I thought I still had papers to finish, and then relaxed because I realized it was all okay. My Mom had made a lentil soup & cornbread muffins, along with my favorite oven roasted rosemary potatoes (how do I survive without her?) for dinner, which she had kept on the stove warm for us :) Oh love I love her!
After eating and chatting some more, my parents and Sahar went to sleep. Kyle had missed a billion calls from his friends while we were sleeping, so he went out to spend time with them. I was too tired for any social interactions, but not quite sleepy, so I hung out with Omied until about 5 mins ago when I realized that he hadn't napped for hours and was tired, so I told him I was going to bed, and here I am, alone with my thoughts. The city sleeps, but I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment