Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Camper Thoughts

These days, I'm quite a happy camper! This past weekend was spent hanging out/bonding with a new friend named Toni...she lives about an hour south from us in Tacoma on a beautiful ranch with horses and doggies! We ate mass amounts of food, drove back to our place and watched movies galore until we passed out :) On our trip back to Tacoma, we stopped and ate at Sonic's...all in all, quite an enjoyable weekend! It was nice hanging out with someone, haha.

Speaking of which, a week from today, we'll be in San Diego for Thanksgiving! It'll be fun! I've got a reunion girls day planned on the 24th with Jamala & Chrissy! Michael's dragging me and Nicole to see This is It with him on one of those other days *sigh* lol. Thanksgiving will be delicious and fun (I'm planning on making my infamous vegan vegetable pot pie!) and then the day after Thanksgiving we shall party-hardy!

I'm planning on making skittles flavored vodka while I'm home too, hehe! It looks easy enough, and it's the ideal time to make it...Kyle & I don't spend a lot of...well...any time drinking while we're up here, haha, and I found these instructions online earlier, and I'm dying to try it out! Plus, it'll be fun to bring to the party :) Though, it is a beer pong party...oh well, I can guarantee you that the girls will be excited to see it! hehehe

We're currently in the midst of trying to pick out classes for winter quarter...and...it's kind of bleh...I'm all done with school for now, haha. But what must be done, must be done! Thus is life...

This might sound a bit odd, and it could be my uterus being melodramatic, but I'm currently reading The Time Traveler's Wife, and I've grown a little too attached to the characters. I'm completely enamored with their story, and I find that I relate to it a little too well. I could feel my heart strings quiver and shake at every one of their painful struggles, mostly all the miscarriages. It's absolutely ridiculous for me to worry about something like that, but to be honest, I don't know if I could personally withstand such heartbreak and sadness. I was on the brink of tears contemplating it, and I don't know how people find the strength to try so many times. In the story, the go through six miscarriages...it nearly destroys them. I know that sadly, it's not an uncommon thing, and not to take my mother too seriously because she tends to blame any health problem to be a cause of my vegetarianism, but I had a cousin who had many miscarriages because she was vegan, and eventually she had to give up her veganism in order to have children. I wonder if that makes me more at risk. I know I should trouble myself with such things, but I can't help it. The majority of the time, I'm secretly enthralled at the thought of being a mother and let myself fantasize about how amazing it will be. But what if it's not amazing? What if I never have children? Oh, I can't bear that thought. So I'll leave it there. Maybe since I typed it out it won't haunt me as much? Sigh...I'm such a worry wort. I can't help it...I kind of wish I could.

I entitle this entry as "Happy Camper Thoughts" and here I am bringing myself down...so as to end this bit of darkness, I'll leave it at that. I am quite happy right now, and that's what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment