Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thoughts on Love

It's so simple to say, and yet so powerful in an overwhelming, heart-stopping, paralyzing way. 
I love you. Je t'aime; Je t'adore. Te amo; te quiero. 
(Forgive my limited knowledge of languages, heh)

It seems as though for most people, despite it's complexities and intricities, love somehow loses it's power. Suddenly, almost as if it had never existed, people fall out of love. Or perhaps it's gradual, eventually the love, and the person they love lose their extra sparkle, and they're no longer as appealing.

That sort of thing seems natural to most people, but to me it seems unimaginable.

Not a day goes by where waking up next to K seems a little more boring than the previous day. 
Not a day goes by where I feel a little less fascinated, appreciative, or absolutely enamored with him.

I can't imagine a life without him.
Without his warm eyes, soft hair, strong arms, or perfect smile.

Love is exactly what it is, and how it should be described, yet at the same time, it seems incapable of fully describing how I feel.

I feel so absorbed with emotions; I feel so impossibly happy. The kind of happy where it feels like your heart might swell too much and explode.

It might be cloudy outside, and usually raining...but here inside we have our own little piece of paradise. The sun is always shining...sometimes it's warm, sometimes it's burning. But our love continues to flourish in the sun, in the paradise within the fort of pillows and blankets we've created.

.......................
I apologize, my thoughts are a bit too ridiculously cheesy...but blame them on my current read, The Time Traveler's Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment