Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pirates and other Thoughts.

We went to a pre-screening of Pirate Radio last night (check the previous post about how we won tickets if you're curious) and it was fantastic. Sure I hated some characters, but I love(d) Philip Seymour Hoffman...he's a great actor, and the movie wouldn't have been the same without him. The movie does make me a little restless though...I loved the music, and I loved the style, perhaps I was born a little too late? I definitely feel that way sometimes.
Anyway, to appease me current desires, I will buy these shoes on Tuesday:
 
Aren't they just adorable?
I'm so incredibly excited for them because they're exactly what I've been looking for/reasonably priced, and they've been on my lifetime to buy list for so long! I'll wear them everyday!
I know what you're thinking...why Tuesday? Well, I'm buying them from Mod Cloth, and they offer 12% off on Tuesdays, so I'll get them a teensy bit cheaper :)
I haven't bought anything apparel wise in the longest time (aside from an undie splurge at Forever 21...but they were also on sale/essential!)
I also want Angelina Jolie's hair, as styled for Changeling. (The movie is amazing, by the way)
I almost have it, but it needs a professional touch, I know.
Hopefully I can get that done when I'm in San Diego :)

I would also prefer if my clothes were replaced with vintage styled clothes, wouldn't that be nice?
I think so. I just wish I could afford to do it myself.
...................
I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do in life, and I've come up with a few ideas...none that I've shared with anyone yet. Teaching will always be something I want to do, but I don't think that's what I want to do right now, or in the nearly future. I think it's something I would like to do later on in life. So I started thinking about the things I currently fancy, like art, music, movies, writing, home decor, fashion, photography, cooking.
Ideally, I would like to combine all my favorite things, but for now I'm currently enamored with the thought of doing interior design.
I spend all of my free time online looking at home decor/apparel...so why not do something with that, right? I think it'd be something I'd wholeheartedly enjoy :)
Of course, I'd minor in Art History, or something similar, because I do want to teach later on...or maybe I don't. Maybe (this is possibly a secret wish) I just want to be a house wife/mother later on in life. Would that be horrible?
I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment