Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh for Pete's Sake...

So, I have a gastrointestinal infection. Isn't that dandy?
Last night I had a crazy fever/chills/goosebumps/light headedness/blurred vision, not to mention my stomach felt like it was imploding.
It was quite the show, tears, flopping around, rapid heartbeat, totally incapable of breathing correctly, nausea. While falling towards the bed I managed to only have make it and now I have a ginormous disgusting blue/purple bruise on my thigh from slamming into the bed frame. It's quite disgusting looking, and I now have a slight limp because it hurts quite horrible when I walk.

Welcome to my personal hell.

Oh, did I mention that I have cramps because my Uterus has recently expelled a useless egg out into the world and it's withering away?

I felt like crap. If Kyle wasn't there making me herbal tea, drawing me a warm bath, and overall being amazing, I don't know what I would've done.

I was quite certain I was dying last night, but after a horrid episode of diarrhea, I eventually passed out, mostly from sheer exhaustion of pain. I awoke and felt a little better, the end of the world was not as close as I had thought, and carried on my merry way.

Today I awoke to find that my body still hated me, so I went browsing online trying to see what the hell is wrong with me. Of course I hate doing that, the internet is a scary place diagnosing horrible things. But my stomach was still relentless in it's attempt to kill me, so I decided I should at least call an advice nurse and figure out what I should do. There are no Kaiser's in WA, so with my luck, I spent an hour online trying to figure out what to do...then I gave up and called my mommy. Poor dear was awfully worried, which is why I didn't want to call her. Luckily, she's also incredibly helpful, and gave me some phone numbers. After numerous calls, and talking to an advice nurse, I'm told I should go into Urgent care.

So then I begin my journey of more phone calls, just to draw one simple conclusion: any Group Health facility will see me because they're a sister branch of Kaiser! Ta-dah! 

Shortly after, Kyle and I find ourselves in a strange, strange hospital...okay, it wasn't that bad, but we couldn't figure out how to get to Urgent care from the entrance we came in through the parking garage (wtf, right? it's called Urgent for a reason!) After wandering the hospital for a bit, we run into a kind nurse who points us in the right direction. We check in, go in, and we're soon out. I've been diagnosed with my little infection and all the doc had to say was good luck, you'll probably feel better soon! Eat plain foods, white rice, saltine crackers, lots of fluids, and eventually your body will just stop feeling like shit.

Sigh. I'm exhausted.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment