Thursday, May 13, 2010

Updates (cont'd)

Saturday, May 8th:
Saturday morning we went over to the Leyton's house for a pancake breakfast :) I brought them some chocolates from the shop and The Lightening Thief because I'm a nerd and give out books for presents, lol. Breakfast was super yummy, and it was great to see my little family :) The boys are so cute, they can't get enough of Kyle! But poor Kyle, he didn't get that much time to catch up/talk with the adults, lol. We did strawberry/blackberry pancakes (yum!) and ate out on the patio (it was a gorgeous day!). Kyle spent most of the time with the boys, at one point, for some reason or another, the boys were playing in the recycling bin. Alena and I were just talking about stuff, and all of a sudden she starts laughing, I turn around, and from the living room window we see Kyle with the recycling bin in tow. The boys are on a psuedo-roller coaster ride inside the bin! haha...Kyle brings them back around and says he never knew recycling bins could be so fun, and that he apparently really missed out as a kid! lol. It was so great to see them! :) The boys are getting so big! Drew had a mohawk! lol well, a fauxhawk, to be technical, but he looks so cute! James got into gate, and was only 2 points away from seminar, so they're trying to get him into seminar. Which, really, is where he belongs, he's so intelligent. For my presents, I got a bottle of Merlot, and some freshwater pearl earrings from the Philippines :) They really spoil me, haha

After some sad goodbyes, we went back to my house and puttered around for a bit because Sahar still wasn't ready (ugh, lol). We decided to go swimming at Kyle's old complex, so we (Omied and Fenris too) all got into the Minivan and made our way. Diego and Sean went swimming with us, and overall it was pretty fun. Poor Fenris really wanted to go swimming with us, but we tied him to the bench and he sat and watched. The water felt amazing, it was a really hot day! And I even got a bit of a tan (woo!). We went into the jacuzzi once we were done swimming, and we were just sitting there. All of a sudden, Kyle is freaking out and telling me to look at Sahar, I turn and blue boogers are coming out of her nose! We tell her, and of course she doesn't believe us, then when she can tell we're being serious, she refuses to show Sean, Diego, and Omied...so they probably don't believe us, but it's true! Afterwards, we all went our separate ways until dinner time. I went home and got ready, I had the cutest outfit you've ever seen, lol. I don't have my memory card with me, but I'll post an entire entry devoted photos from the weekend :) Claire came over, and after a bunch of girly screams and present opening we all got in the car (minus Fenris) and went over to Sipz for dinner.

Our table was kind of ridiculous, lol. Everyone came to dinner (well, almost everyone) and it was so much fun :) Diego, Jenny, Martin, Anders, Claire, Chrissy, Chris, Ben, Joaquin, his quiet girlfriend who's name escapes me, Chris I. and his girlfriend Nicole, and of course, Me, Kyle, Omied, and Sahar. After we finished eating, they brought out a piece of chocolate cake, candle included, and of course singing. lol After we finished eating, we made our way over to Ben's place. On our way, we stopped by my parent's house to pick up a blender, the vegan cake my mommy made me, and to drop off Sahar. The boys went to pick up alcohol, we went to the party. It was kinda slow at first (really, I should've made time to buy the drinks prior to the party, but we didn't have anytime, and I was gonna go with Claire right before Sipz, but she came over late). But soon, we had drinks going, and then we started making margaritas when we realized we didn't have ice. Ben and Kyle went to go get Ice (so nice of them). Honestly, I thought someone would help with the birthday party planning *cough*Claire*cough* lol, I didn't technically ask her, but she did say she'd bring something, and I did post on the event for people to bring something. But, of course, no one did, lol. I really shouldn't rely on assumptions, lol. Anyway, the drinks were flowing, I played a game of beer pong against Omied and Mike, with Chris G. as my partner...and we totally kicked their asses! hahaha. After some mingling and such, we started up a game of King's Cup. It was super fun, we were playing by Claire's silly English rules :) We somehow didn't notice that the last King already went into play, and played through the entire deck, I think Joaquin ended up losing, but Ben, being the nicest person in the world, drank it for him, lol. At this point, Claire is far more drunk than I am, lol. I only got a bit tipsy, which was just want I wanted. I played another game of beer pong, this time with Claire as my partner, against Mike and Omied again. Claire is surprisingly amazing when she's drunk, lol. We, again, kicked their asses. In case Mike's reading this for some reason, despite your claims that you were just letting me win, Omied was CARRYING you the entire night. hahaha :)

Cake was eaten, more drinks were consumed. Overall, it was good fun :) Claire and I did shots with Chrissy (well, she wasn't drinking, but she's still in our picture). Nicole, Richard, and Michael were also there. Michael's so funny, he originally wasn't going to come to my bday celebrations, but instead ended up coming because he saw The Lovely Bones and it somehow changed his life, lol :) Overall, I'd say the party was quite the success!

No comments:

Post a Comment