Thursday, May 13, 2010

Updates (cont'd)

Tuesday, May 11th

I always think of Josh Agler on May 11th since it's his birthday...I hope he's doing well, he was dealt a tough set of cards...he's definitely one of those friends who I wished I still talked to :/

Anyway, Tuesday I decided I wanted to take another bath, haha :D Then I spent some time with my Mommy, we picked up Sahar from school, then we (Omied, too) went to Pat & Oscars for lunch. Kyle went and had lunch with his friends, in a last supper sort of way, lol. Somehow, we ended up really behind on time. We stopped by my Dad's place so I could say bye. Then we went home, realized how far behind we were, and I quickly packed. I kind of forgot that people might buy me stuff for my birthday, so I didn't really plan to have space for presents! But after rearranging stuff, and putting stuff in an extra bag Sahar let me borrow, we were all set. We had forgotten to call/check into our flight the day before (I honestly didn't think anything of it!) so we were hoping to make it onto the last flight out of SD (we initially planned on trying for the 2nd to last flight, but alas, we just barely missed it). The Southwest representative discovered that the flight had been canceled, so he had to call over his supervisor to figure out how the people from the other flight were going to make it to Seattle. After some shuffling, he got us on a flight to Oakland at 7:15pm, and then said there'd be a plane waiting for us, it was the "rescue" plane taking the people who would be stuck in Oakland for 2 hrs to Seattle. So we went home and puttered around for a little bit, Kyle took a quick nap. Then we were back at the airport. We hopped onto the plane, and actually had really good seats. I even ordered a drink on the plane, just because I could, lol. I bought a screwdriver...and once again, I wasn't carded! The only time the entire weekend I had been carded was getting into the 21+ show, and I didn't even get a drink while I was there! lol Anyway, we got off the plane, and there was a special announcement for us to hurry towards the other plane. In the airport, there was another announcement, lol, and once we were in sight of the gate, the attendant asked if Kyle was Kyle Mafnas, so they were really on the look out for us, haha. We slept on that flight as well, pretty tired from the weekend. We landed and then remembered that we had parked in the airport and prepared to pay hundreds of dollars...I was waiting in the car, and Kyle came back with a huge smile on his face. Apparently, when he was walking over to the machine to pay, he found a ticket on the ground, and whomever it belonged to had paid for the weekend, then dropped it, but he didn't see that, so he put it into the machine, so we only paid for 13hrs of parking! :)

We went home, watched the Ricky Gervais show we had missed, then I went to bed, totally exhausted, haha
And that pretty much summarizes our weekend in San Diego! I know i didn't post any pictures, but I don't have my memory card with me, so I'll have to post those another time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment