Thursday, May 13, 2010

Updates, Updates!

It has been forever since I've actually updated! My apologies, I've just been so crazy busy! So, let's go through the interesting stuff first...

Friday, May 7th:
After getting everything mostly packed, I left Kyle to finish everything up because I had to go to work. He tidied up the apartment, took out the trash and washed the dishes (mostly so stuff didn't sit around rotting all weekend, lol) and finished packing all the things I forgot to/didn't have time to...I had a really good day at work, cleaned the store top to bottom, made a bunch of sales, put up our big sign, reorganized the stock room...yes, I count that as a good day, lol. Our flight that my mom bought us left at 6:35pm...I don't get off work until 7pm...and it takes about 30mins to get to the airport, and considering you have to be at the airport at least an hr before your flight to go through security, I was about 90% sure we'd miss our flight. But that was mostly okay, because the next flight was at 7:15...so I know you're wondering why that's okay. It would've been fine because my boss' husband could come sit with her mom and help customers at least for the very end of the day, which would've happened naturally because he gets off of work and usually comes over here. So I told Kyle to come here around 6pm so that when he got there we could leave right away and maybe catch the flight (if there was NO line at security).

I was starting to realize how impossible that would be, so I sent Kyle a message telling him to start looking into flights Saturday morning, because unless the planets aligned, we were going to miss both of our flights. Just as I sent him that message, I get a text from Southwest that our flight had been delayed. I got really excited and checked, and the flight after ours was delayed too! The last flight was now at 8pm! Which was something we could definitely make! Brandon (Sadaf's husband) was really late compared to the time he normally gets to the shop...but I hadn't asked him to show up early, I was just assuming it would work out. So at around 6:45pm Sadaf's mom tells us we can go (she's such a sweetheart). We bolt over to the airport, instead of taking the 5 which would be crammed with traffic, Kyle found a faster side route. It was a bit risky considering we'd never taken it before, but it would get us there so much quicker, so we decided to take it.

We get over to the parking lot where we're leaving our car for the weekend, and they are taking FOREVER. Frustrated with their pure incompetency, Kyle reverses out of the parking lot and we decide to park in the airport parking lot, not caring it'll cost a bunch, just trying to make it on the flight. We speed walk over to the front desk, explain our situation, and the Southwest representative says there's a lot of openings for the flight and is totally confident we'll make the flight. We head over to security, and there's NO line!!! We're the only ones there, so the security guard is talking to Kyle about his hat and where he got it (lol?). Our gate is not super close by, but not crazy far away, we quickly walk over there, talk to the representative at the front desk, and he puts us on the flight. We're not in the same boarding group, but because we're flying Southwest, there aren't any assigned seats, so thanks to our apparent luck, we even get to sit next to each other. I don't think we've ever had that much good luck when it comes to airports, but I guess we were due for some, lol.

We stop in Oakland, and then continue onto Sacramento. We're playing Peggle on Kyle's computer and the guy in the seat next to Kyle is watching us play. It was kinda fun :) the flight attendants were super funny, and we even got extra peanuts. We land in San Diego, and I'm starving, I haven't eaten since about 12pm. Diego and Scott pick us up, we go pick up Sean, then we head over to Lucha Libre. I'd never been there before, but the guys always talk about it, and it was one of the few places open. We were just eating our food, I got the veggie burrito (super yummy) and then these total Cougars (straight out of Sex & The City) come into the restaurant. They somehow manage to get more alcohol from the guy behind the counter, but he says it's the last beers they'll give out that night. A few minutes pass by when all of a sudden, one of them walks over and asks us if we want 2 of their beers because they're so wasted and can't drink anymore (lol). They didn't look like they'd been drunk out of, so Kyle said sure, thanks. Seriously, they were pretty gross looking! They were in their late 40's early 50's, were dressed like they were 20, and had that kind of saggy really orange tan look. Ugh, only in SoCal! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment