Sunday, May 30, 2010

My name is Setareh, and...

I'm not an alcoholic! I don't drink on a regular basis, hell, I don't usually drink at all unless it's a social event...but I have this incredibly urge to learn how to make fun/fancy beverages...I can't help it, I just want to learn how to infuse vodka, and how to make cocktails. I bought a shaker and everything!

Then I came to realize that none of our local grocery stores have any hard alcohol...after honestly spending a good portion of a night driving around checking all the grocery stores, we decided that there must be some law prohibiting them selling hard alcohol! We looked it up, and so there is...I don't really like liquor stores, but I guess that's where we're going to have to go in order to stock up and be able to commence my experiments. I wouldn't mind the liquor stores so much, but I have to go alone since K's still a few months away from turning 21...so I'm going to have to man up if I want to learn how to make fancy drinks!

Tomorrow we venture to one of the state-owned and operated liquor stores, well, Kyle will drive and I'll probably go in alone so as not to get into any trouble. I'll just go in, but some Senor Cuervo for Margaritas, some Captain for Rum + __________ and some Smirnoff, and I think we'll be set!

Maybe after our liquor run, my dreams of mastering cosmopolitans and margaritas will come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment