Friday, February 26, 2010

11:48pm

My bedroom windows are a little thinner than the ones in the living room (I think).

In the morning I can hear people as they get into the cars and leave for work, or school, or wherever. I can hear the family downstairs, the kids are loud, sometimes laughing and singing, sometimes grumpy and complaining.

Every night when I get back into bed and I hear a car door shut, and their car horn beeps once to let them know their doors are locked...I secretly hope that it's Kyle. That he hasn't been gone for 8 days now, this entire time he was just at the store, and that he's on his way up. I don't hold my breathe, but I know my ears are perked up a little more, hoping that I'll hear the front door unlocking and opening. That I'll hear him as he throws off his shoes and walks down the hall.

[I know it's not going to happen, but I can't help but torment myself this way.]


No comments:

Post a Comment