Monday, February 1, 2010

It's That Time Again...

Well, it's not that time again for me, now it's Sahar's turn. She's turning 15 which means my family is frantically finishing making plans for her Quinceanera!


It's actually quite exciting, especially because I like planning things :) She's got a theme picked out, the date picked out (July 3rd), the location for the reception, the church! She's working on finding the right dress (so am I, actually, haha) and other little details! It's so exciting! I have such fond memories of my party, I hope hers will be just as memorable! I am the photographer of the big day, which is so exciting!


What's kind of funny is that I'll have a big handful of friends there as well, because they've watched her grow over the years, and she's definitely a friend of theirs too! :)


For my dress, I think I want something similar to this:
 

But to be honest, while I love this dress, I think I could make it better myself...which is just another reason to do what I've been wanting to do for some time now...buy  myself a sewing machine! I've got some great ideas for clothing, and I think with the right amount of time, I could get really good at it :)

But we'll see...maybe I'll get one for my birthday...but aside from a sewing machine, the ONLY THING I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS: Money!
I'm saving up money so that I can go to Costa Rica with some friends this summer, and I think that's a pretty great way to celebrate my 21st birthday, don't you think?! :D

My friend Yanira invited Kyle and I to stay at her friend's (my acquaintance's) family's house, so the only thing we'd have to pay for is the flight to and from Costa Rica! :) It's going to be this fun little couple retreat thing, so Yanira's bringing her BF, Annette's BF is going, another couple, us, and possibly Claire & Matt! It should be SO much fun! I really hope we can go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment