Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2/24/10

I couldn't sleep last night, at all, I can guarantee you I didnt fall alseep until somewhere close to 4-5am...I had turned off the lights, turned everything off since 1am in order to wake up early so I could make an important phone call....I set multiple alarms...and for some reason or another, my mind would not shut off! I was thinking about a lot of things, doing the usual, imagining fake scenarios of the phone call I was going to make...I was pretty nervous/anxious but excited at this new job prospect! The pay and hours are pretty damn good, and I'd be working with babies, and I LOVE babies! :)

After falling asleep, I woke to my first alarm at 9am...and because I hadn't gotten much sleep, I let myself doze a little longer, and at around 9:30 I dragged myself out of bed. I went to the bathroom, made myself some tea, did my morning stretches, and stared at my phone for a bit. I couldn't get past how to ask for Denise when I called..."Hi, may I please speak to Denise?" threw me back into the 6th grade when I didn't have a cell phone and called all my friends on their house phones, and that's what I always said when I called a friend. I couldn't say that, it'd be ridiculous sounding...too childishly polite. But I was so tired and nervous, I couldn't think of anything. So I called Kyle...luckily, he had a functioning brain at the time and told me I could say something like "Hi, I'm calling for Denise" but I thought that sounded not polite enough. Then he said, well, then just say "Hi, may I speak to Denise?" and I loved him a little bit more for making my day a little bit easier. He wished me luck and I called...

I got a voicemail that sounded a little too much like a personal voicemail, but I decided, well, maybe that's her cell phone number. Then paranoia hit me and I wondered if I called the right number. I hadn't...whoops! Someone's getting a strange voicemail that won't make sense to them! So, then I called the right number, and at the last minute said "Hi, I'm calling for Denise" (dang it!) I still had to leave a message, luckily it was with someone who works at 'Lil Acorn Sprouts. I left my number and name and the lady told me Denise would call me back.

Denise called, we had a nice chat, and I have an interview/try-out next Tuesday! Hopefully I won't be so nervous I mess up. It makes me wish Kyle (or anyone) was here for emotional support. If I let myself over think things, I get overly-nervous. Somehow, I'm going to have to keep myself calm all the way on the drive over, and while I'm there. I'd be great as a Toddler Assistant Teacher, I love babies! Luckily, I had an interview last Friday that I nailed...it was just the job I didn't nail. Sharie said she was very impressed with my interview, and that it was a really tough decision, and that any school would be lucky to have me (sweet, right?)!

AND this job pays better, has better hours, and despite it being on Mercer Island and I'll probably get stuck in traffic coming home everyday, I'd really like the job!

Also, I think my working out has been paying off! Or maybe my perspective's slightly off, either way. It feels good to move! I've also been drinking a lot of water, because that's what I used to do, and it really makes me feel good to be nice and hydrated. Also, I can avoid the extra sugars that are in juice if I limit my intake! :)

Things are going pretty good right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment