Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Countdown to 2 Years continues

2 years ago tonight will mark another beautiful memory.

Kyle called and said he wanted to see me, I remember telling him I'd meet him outside my house. My parents were away because my Dad's birthday is June 10th, and my Mom took him to Vegas for the weekend.

I come outside, and the butterflies are just as excited as I am. Four days ago I realized I was in love with this beautiful boy. He asks me what I want to do, and I reply that I didn't know. So he says to me "if you could do anything in the world right now, anything at all, without regret and consequences, what would it be?"

I know immediately what he's hinting at, but I'm not convinced, so I make up a bunch of random things for us to do. First, lying on my roof and counting the stars, but we settle for lying on the hood of his car. "Now what?" he asks. "I want to see the moon, I can't see it at all!" I reply. So we start walking, and looking for it. We're halfway up the Del Cerro hill when he says, "I don't think it's visible tonight, so now what?" I decide that I want to sit on the big Del Cerro Hill rocks. We hike up that awful hill, and end up in the wrong overlook (the first one, not the second one) and there are no big rocks. Confused because I had never been to the wrong overlook, we plop down on some smaller rocks. The view is beautiful, we can see all of Lake Murray.

We end up talking all night again, but this time, we talk about the real reason we've spent the whole night together, again. The sun is rising, and it's the most beautiful view. Kyle takes my hand and tells me that he's fallen for me. We kiss, sort of, hah, he leaned in for a kiss while I hesitated and backed out of. It wasn't that simple, we couldn't just kiss and be together at this time. We settle for him giving me his jacket and wrapping his arm around me while we watch the morning begin. We eventually walk back down the hill and back to my house. I love looking back, but I think I've already mentioned that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment