Thursday, June 17, 2010

La-Dee-Dah

So, I haven't updated in a while...I've definitely tried on quite a few occasions and just haven't found the time. But it is now quite late at night, and I haven't spoken a single verbal word to ANYONE at all today...so now seems like a good time to say something, to someone...ssooo...

Some updates...Kyle and I went to Discovery Park on Sunday and went on an amazing hike. It started with a beautiful, open, green meadow, through a beautiful green forest, and went all the way down to the beach.

Monday was our 2 year anniversary...and despite that I was at work all day, it was pretty remarkable/amazing. The day started with us making eachother breakfast in bed (yeah, we're really that cute). I made Ban-illa Cinnamon Waffles (banana, vanilla, cinnamon) and Kyle made his infamous Banana, Chocolate, Peanut Butter Shake. Funnily enough, they're both so extensive that we finished around the same time. We ended up watching Arrested Development, and then he drove me to work. He picked me up and we ate a snack, while watching more Arrested Development :) I bought him some chocolates (yum!) and made him the poster I already posted...and he took me out to a very expensive dinner at Sky City (you know, the rotating restaurant atop the Space Needle). I ended up with a huge blister on the bottom of my right foot, Kyle's pants weren't finished drying, so they were a little damp...but we had an amazing time. The food was FANTASTIC, like melt in your mouth/melt your heart fantastic. And the view was constantly changing, we got there right as the sun was setting, and the night sky was just beautiful. After dinner we went up to the Observation Deck and enjoyed the view even more.

I thought our date was over, but even after being together for 2 years, he can still manage to surprise me :) Tuesday after he picked me up for work, he took me to the Rose Garden right by Woodland Park. It was super cute, and quite romantic. I love that he knows me so well he knows exactly where to take me, haha. It started raining, but it's alright, we still had fun. We ended up going to Zak's for dinner, and then went home and watched more Arrested Development, hehe.

Tuesday night consisted of very little sleep as we ended up staying up so late...by the time I fell asleep it was around 3am. Kyle didn't sleep because his flight to SD was at 6:30am, which meant we had to leave around 5:15-5:20am. It was suppose to be my day off, but my boss is really sick and called me in...so after getting home from dropping Kyle off, I was both grateful that thanks to coffee I didn't die while driving, and regretful because I couldn't immediately fall back asleep. I ended up falling asleep sometime around 9, slept until 10, and then went to work.

Since then I haven't really been up to much...finally finished season 3 of Arrested Development. Watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "The Proposal". I did some grocery shopping...I thoroughly worked out this morning, which is good, because I need to be in better shape by Sahar's quince (yes, I know it's in 2 weeks). Also, yes, I know I'm not in horrible shape, but I'd really feel better if I slimmed down a bit, as well as toned up a bit. I'm still dreaming of Roller Derby, and am SO glad that Jenny agreed to skate with me when she & Diego move up here :D

Also, I bought a sewing machine and some fabric because I'm attempting to make my dress for Sahar's quince. I know what I want, and it's just easier doing it myself then trying to rely on stores to just magically make it appear. I have two weeks alone, so yes, that does mean I'm (once again) going to practice crocheting, work on some graphic collages, do some painting, learn some new recipes, practice my sculpting...and most importantly, sew like I've never sewn before! I think for fun (and practice) I'm going to make myself an apron, I received a really cute one for my birthday one year from some really good friends...had another friend borrow it, and never saw it again :(

But anyway, I don't have much else to say for now, so thank you blogger-world, for listening to me when I don't have anyone to talk to :)

p.s. I'll be posting pictures from the exciting events! look for them in the next post or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment