Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nostalgia

2 years and 3 days ago marks the anniversary of the first time I realized I was in love with Kyle.

Falling in love occurred out of the blue, we were just friends, who enjoyed spending time together. But 2 years and 3 days ago, we breached the friendship wall and fell in love. You might not believe me, but I guarantee you I remember the instant where I realized I was in love with him.

I snuck out of my house in the middle of the night because we were going to video chat surprise Claire (yes, this was a completely innocent all-night adventure). Kyle picked me up from my house, and we drove over to Henry, where we planned to chat with Claire, in our search for some free wifi, we didn't end up actually "broadcasting" from Henry, but mooching off of some random person's internet. After chatting with Claire, I really had to go to the bathroom, so we went over to the Simms residence, where Sondra let us in. We hung out in her room for a little bit, and then when she wanted to go to sleep, we went back into his car. Without realizing how long it had been, it was already like 2 AM. But instead of just leaving, we ended up spending the rest of the night parked in the Simms driveway, just talking. About life, about music, art, books, movies, politics, religion, everything and anything.

It was at that moment, that I realized that not only was Kyle becoming one of my best friends, I was absolutely in love with him. I had to resist the urge to just reach over and hold his hand, or snuggle up next to him in his seat. I just have this picture perfect moment in my mind where I look over at him, and realize just how attracted I am to him, physically and emotionally. I remember being scared because I had never felt that way about anyone before, never, ever.

We ended up talking until like 5 AM, and then he took me home because he had work at 6 AM. I spent the rest of the day nervous, anxious, and so incredibly happy. Around 2 PM I got a phone call from him, telling me he was waiting for me outside, and he had Thai Iced Tea with him (one of our shared favorite drinks). We ended up going over to our old elementary school, where we walked around and swung on the swings. Talking, laughing, joking about "little boy dinosaurs" and other things :)

Afterwards, we went to Sala Thai together for the first of many, many times. Looking back at some of my favorite memories of us is probably one of my favorite thing to do. What I love even more is the continual addition of favorite memories. As we approach the 2 year mark, I just can't help but fill up with lovey dovey warm fuzzies.

{Excuse the ridiculous amount of love related posts on this blog, blame it on the bluesy-romantic songs that are constantly playing at my work, lol}

No comments:

Post a Comment