Monday, June 14, 2010

Some Important People

Last week, it was both my Dad's birthday, and then my sister's the day after his. So, Happy Birthday, you crazy kids!

My relationship with my Dad has gotten a lot better since I moved out, and it's a lot easier for me to set aside any resentment/hurt feelings with all this distance. Whenever we talk on the phone or see each other, it's usually/mostly always pleasant :) Hugs and saying "I love you" have become a frequent part of our relationship, which in my book is a lot better than ignoring each other aside from a few smiles here and there. Yes, I guess I'm just another girl with "daddy issues", but really, I'm working on being forgiving and understanding, and it's not easy. But we're in a good place, and it makes me happy/relieved. His health and the future is still as rocky and uncertain as ever, and I'm glad our relationship actually exists and isn't tainted by resentment/anger/pain. Well, it might be a little bit, but it has gotten a lot better! His kidney is reaching the end of its days, and he'll probably begin dialysis within the next year...it's scary thinking of how difficult those times are going to be on my family. Hopefully he sets his stubbornness aside and gets on the donor waiting list...my Mom can't save him at the last minute this time.

I love my Dad, I really do. Despite everything, I still love him.

My little sister was born the day after my Dad's birthday, and last Thursday she turned 15! It's both crazy and exciting to think of how old she is and how much she's grown. I remember when I was 15, it was 6 years ago, which is crazy to think about, because it feels like it was just yesterday! 6 years from now I'll be 27, and she'll be 21! How strange!! haha. I still think of her as my baby sister...and I think I always will. She's been in a relationship with Ryan for almost an entire year now...which surpassed my expectations (no offense) just because I remember what high school was like. Aside from Kyle, I had never been in a relationship for that long! I'm so proud and happy for her, she's been through a lot, and she's grown into a wonderful young lady whom I gladly call one of my best friends :) Her Quinceanera is in 19 days! I'm so excited, it's such an exciting and important day in her life.

I love you Sahar! You're my favorite baby-girl! :)

Speaking of love. being proud, and best friends, my dearest best friend in the whole world, Sarah Marie Dozier, is now a college graduate! It's funny to say, but I look up to Ms. Dozier, I always have. I am so proud of all she's done, and how she's overcome so much to be where she is. Her determination and motivation are something I strive to attempt, lol. She's beautiful, amazing, and well on her way to an amazing life. I can't imagine her moving so far away from me, but even if we're bad at keeping in touch, she'll always have a piece of my heart with her. Love you, forever and ever, Soul Sister! :D

2 comments:

  1. awww this post makes me so happy!! (yes, i am a sap)

    i love you (x130943049039)!

    &: happy anniversary to you and mr. mafnas!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, looooove you! and thank you! :D

    p.s. we're taking pictures together this summer so I can come back here and post one of us together, lol

    ReplyDelete