Saturday, October 17, 2009

And now for something with a little umph...

I'm currently at one of those points in the year when I crave some form of meaning to my life. The best way to do so would be to volunteer, so volunteer I will. I've been browsing some of the local options, there are a few that sound appealing: reading to low-income children to boost their vocabulary, working with an organization that provides blankets and housing for the homeless, spending some time at the local animal shelter etc. To be honest, I'm incredibly excited for the opportunity to make a difference. Does it make me a nerd that one of my favorite things about high school was being a part of clubs that focused on making a difference and helping others? :P
Speaking of high school, yesterday I received an email from an old high school friend! Actually, an old teacher of mine! It's nice being reminded you're not forgotten! It's also nice knowing that I just realized that if I ever needed a job, he would make a great contact, hah. I sound like such an old lady with old lady worries! Oh, the tides of life and aging, it's beautiful and horrifying. Quite the combination, no?
I've got my mind set on the birth of a new art project, though I don't quite know exactly what I'm doing just yet. I've got endless bottles of old-fashioned Coca-Cola bottles, and nothing to do with them! I can't just recycle them! Hopefully I'll think of something! I'm just waiting on some inspiration...I have taken a few artistic photos of them...but I feel like they deserve much more!
Anyway, I'm also tired of being out of shape, so I'm going to try to do something about that. I think I'm going to take on Yoga again, I always found it relaxing, and I love stretching, the feeling of your muscles tightening actually feels good to me! Maybe I'll go to the gym or take a dance class, or something, I don't know!
I love spending my days either working on classwork, or cuddling with Kyle all day, but I'm starting to feel a little too cooped up! Our days of exploration are fun...so maybe we'll just go out more often. Anything for a bit more excitement in life! haha. I am kidnapping Kyle and taking him to a pumpkin patch tomorrow...or Monday...whichever day is more weather friendly! It'll be fun, and hopefully surprise him! Which is a hard thing to do considering we spend all of our time together, haha. But hopefully I'll catch him off guard, and the surprise will go well! :)
I don't think he reads this, which is kind of neat so I can talk about surprising him and know he won't find out! Well, I think he reads it when he's incredibly bored, but he knows everything I'm writing about because he lives it, haha.
Anyway, I'm hoping to get some mail out today, we'll see how that goes. I have endless amounts of birthday/miss you packages that need to be shipped, it's just a matter of finding a post-office...
We're off to Costco now, yay for groceries! :)

1 comment:

  1. bahaha. Chicago scares the heck out of me..... it's a HUGE place, with lots of gangs, and wind and sleet (or at least that's how I imagine it). But then there is the SLIGHT possibility of me being able to do what I've always wanted to in life, to get my foot in the really narrow publishing door (okay, maybe just stick my toe in it). Plentiful art and literature and Indian food. A really cool train called the 'L'.... and to blazing a new trail into the unknown. And I guess that could be worth it.

    ?
    I hope. haha

    P.S. who emailed you?!

    ReplyDelete