Saturday, October 10, 2009

Date Night

While cleaning the kitchen this afternoon, I got invited to go on a date with this really cute boy, he lives in my building...in my apartment, actually. Anyway, we get along really well and he's super funny, so I decided to say yes.
And boy, what a mistake!
haha, I'm just kidding, it was a great night :)
For dinner we went to Zak's, a burger place, which we discovered, is a "branch" off of Hodads (a popular burger place back home in Ocean Beach).
Kyle was talking to our waiter about how we're from San Diego, and right before our food got out to us (I ordered a spicy black bean burger, Kyle got a chicken burger) Zak himself came out and introduced himself to us. We chatted for a bit, about San Diego, Hodads, school, the Ballard neighborhood, lots of things. He seemed really nice, and the food was amazing! We got Raspberry Apple Cider to drink, and a Milk Shake (the flavor of the moment was Banana)!

After we had finished our food and drinks, we walked right next door to the Majestic Bay Theater and saw Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore. The theater was really neat looking, I didn't take very many interior pictures, but it had a "nautical" theme, and it was very old school!
The movie was pretty much what I expected it to be, and what I've pretty much come to expect from Michael Moore movies...It brought to light a lot of things I wasn't aware about, it highlighted things I was aware about, and in general, was a great portrayal of what's wrong with America. It was funny, sad, and serious, and had a great way of inspiring the audience to want to do something. I really enjoyed it, and hope that you (reader) will take some time and watch the movie. Maybe you won't watch it while it's still in theater, maybe you'll wait for it to come out on DVD, or maybe wait even longer for it to be an "instant" on Netflix...whichever way you manage to find time to watch it, please set all of your opinions aside and just watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment