Thursday, October 8, 2009

Experimental Enchiladas



For tonight dinner I tried making enchiladas and mexican rice by myself for the first time...and everything actually (to my surprise) was super amazing.
The enchiladas were super good, they were "ground beef", zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and corn! Topped with a slightly spicy sauce and some soy cheese. The rice was pretty ordinary, but I added some corn because I like corn :) haha
Anyway, Enchiladas aside, Kyle brought home a pumpkin pie for dessert that was yummy :)
And then we watched some more of the Office!

Today was kind of ordinary, we did homework earlier, I talked to Sahar for a little bit...she was asking me advice on whether or not she should go with her boyfriend and his friends to the Haunted Trails, I told her to go, but I think we both know she's going to get super freaked out, she has like no tolerance for anything remotely scary! I also called my mommy for help with the rice (just double checking her recipe that I memorized)...

For some exciting news, we're going to see Ingrid Michaelson in Vancouver BC next Tuesday! And we're staying the night at L'Hermitage! I'm really looking forward to our little excursion! It'll be like a 2 hour drive up to Vancouver, and then the show is going to be great (I love Ingrid!) and our hotel is super luxurious (not to a crazy extent) and I'm looking forward to soaking in that marble bath tub post-show! Hehe! 

I'm also really considering purchasing a nice medium format camera (with a 35mm adaptor)! I've been thinking something along the lines of a Diana+ or a Holga...and then eventually purchasing an Instant Film adaptor as well, hehe. The main point being, I would love to take a quality lo-fi camera out and about! There's a cool photography contest I'm entering, and I feel like I want to do it old-school. Unfortunately, I can't do any of the processing myself...but...maybe one day I'll have my own studio and dark room!

No comments:

Post a Comment