Sunday, April 11, 2010

The battle for a proper night's worth of sleep...

I love my honey bear, (hmm, I've never called him that, but maybe I will, it's cute) but that boy sure has done a number on my sleep patterns!

I've always been a night owl, but I considered that falling asleep around 1am or 2am...3am maybe at the latest. Ever since Kyle has been in my life, he's drastically altered the way I sleep, mostly because he has the weirdest sleeping patterns, lol. It all started when we were dating, with the sneaking out at night, taking naps during the day...but once we moved to Seattle, things got pretty crazy. This past week I've been staying up until 5am, and sleeping from 5-6am until 2pm-ish...which just won't do anymore, I start work tomorrow, at 9am...so ever since Friday I've been trying to regulate my sleeping...normally I can just stay up all day (like I mentioned in my previous post) but this regulating period has been going weird. I tried staying up all day Friday-Saturday, but I couldn't make it...I'm PMSing so I was grumpy all early Saturday morning, and despite Kyle's best efforts, I passed out on the couch around 9-10am...he got me into bed, I woke up around 2pm feeling bad for being grumpy and mad at myself for falling asleep. We were getting ready to go out, Kyle said he was just gonna lay down for a little bit, I do a some cleaning, and he falls asleep (he's also impossible to wake up, lol).

So I'm doing homework, I go in to wake him up so we can go to Costco around 5pm, and I end up falling asleep (gosh darn our incredibly comfortable bed!). I wake up around 7pm and so does Kyle...we failed staying up...so we tried again. We did some homework, watched some movies, played some games. 9am today I fell asleep again,  I woke up at 1pm, Kyle was still awake, we were watching Bill Maher's show on TV, Kyle started looking drowsy, I even told him maybe he should take a shower to wake up...he denied being sleepy, and is of course, now asleep on the couch.

We fail, epically, lol. Luckily, I'm still sleep deprived, and I will not fall asleep again! Until tonight, hopefully sometime around 10-11pm.

I'll let him sleep a little longer, I made myself lunch (Chikin Nuggets, apple slices, and yogurt...lol) I'm simultaneously doing laundry/dishes...and I have some Poli-Sci hw to do...hopefully we'll actually go to Costco in a little bit! :) I also wanna go out and find a little something for Chris' bday (at least a card, lol) and a nice sweater for my first day at work tomorrow! :)

[did I mention how incredibly excited I am for work? hehehe]

No comments:

Post a Comment