Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Working Out the Details

Last week I was sitting around thinking about how much I fail at working out/exercising...sure I go running when it's "warm", or at least sunny, out...but that isn't all the time! I want consistency! I plan to spend the majority of my summer in a bathing suit, and, well, I wasn't in shape prior to moving up here, and I can guarantee you it's only gotten worse, haha. Cold weather makes me want to snuggle on the couch and watch movies all day, rarely does it include going out. To be honest, I think it's from a long-time "weather" conditioning from my mom! She NEVER drives in the rain unless she ABSOLUTELY has to, she's afraid of doing so...and because we've always spent rainy days indoors, I'm just used to wanting to drink tea and hide under blankets all day...which would be fine...if I wasn't planning on looking remotely good in my new bikini!

But I do plan on spending my time in SD on the beach tanning (you have no idea how badly I need to tan, my skin color is this weird ...yellow-white color! I look sickly) lol
And I plan on spending the rest of the summer at the beach up here! :)

So, back to my point...I don't want to sign up at a gym because memberships are expensive, and I don't like people "watching" me while I work out. Yes, I know that no one would actually be watching me (hopefully) but I'm really out of shape, lol, so I'd rather not publicly embarrass myself! That's when I thought about getting Wii Fit...yes, I've seen the parody and was amused by it...but I don't really have any other options!
After looking into it a bit further, I discovered that everyone raves about EA Sports Active...so I bought it off of Amazon, and it got here today! My bathing suit at Forever21 also just became available today, so I think it's a sign, lol.

I made my profile, did the first workout under easy, and I have to admit that I like it, lol. The running, squatting, arm reps, and cardio-boxing, etc. were all fun...I was having difficulty with the in-line skating, but only because I didn't do tricks every time I went off the ramps :/ but overall, I burned 74.4 calories, which was more than the projected 66 calories :) It had a good warm up and cool down, and I definitely broke a sweat...and I'm actually looking forward to working out again tomorrow...

I'll start the official 30-day Challenge tomorrow...and I guess we'll see where I'm at in 30 days! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment