Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rosemary Red Potato Soup



you will need:
1 carton (or can, or the equivalent for homemade versions) of Vegetable Broth
1 carton of plain soymilk
8-12 red potatoes (depending on size)
1/2 a whole onion (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 tablespoon of rosemary
3/4 tablespoon of thyme
a pinch of  salt
a pinch of pepper
1-2 tablespoons of corn starch (or baking powder)

It's really a simple recipe...you wash and cube the red potatoes...throw everything (minus the soymilk, rosemary, thyme, corn starch, salt & pepper ) into a big pot. Turn the heat on high to get things boiling, then after about 5-7 mins, simmer it at a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add the rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper and let it simmer for another 5 mins. Add the soymilk and give it a good stir to check the consistency. If you'd like it to be thicker (I sure did) add a little cornstarch until it's thick to your liking. Tah-dah!

[I enjoy most of my soups with a little bread or something to go along with them...we just bought some everything bagels at Costco, so I toasted a bagel and used it with my soup :) Kyle decided to heat up some of the garlic naan we also had at home, I had a bite of his, so that is also recommended :) But, of course, this soup is delightful and I enjoy it without anything extra too!]

No comments:

Post a Comment