Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm sorry I'm flakey :(

Poor little blog, being disappointed by my false promises...I will try my hardest not to neglect you any longer! I'm slowly getting into a new groove of balancing the new job and the already existing classes. My film class and I had a long, long session yesterday, mostly due to the fact that I haven't been keeping up with the movies I'm suppose to watch (whoops!) and I had papers due on the first four movies (The Graduate, American Beauty, Moulin Rouge, and Taxi Driver) this morning at 9am...so, despite the fact that last night was the first time in weeks (seriously!) that there were brand new NBC comedy episodes, I was a good girl and didn't watch them...that's what Hulu's for anyway, right? In order to wake up this morning, I also went to bed semi-early, woke up at 7am to finish my papers, turned them in, went back to sleep (lol), woke up and drove over here. Poor Kyle fell asleep on the couch after finishing his papers, and I didn't have the heart to wake him up just to drive me over here. He doesn't have anywhere to go today anyway, haha.

So, of recent news...last Friday was Chris' birthday...I sent him a book and a card :) Linda bought him tickets to the Giants game in LA, so my parents/the family drove up to LA to see them while they were in Southern California. Yesterday was Claire's birthday (!) hehe...I sent her the most amazing, and perfect pair of shoes, just in case she reads this before she opens them...I won't say too much, aside from the fact that they're adorable and vegan :) I also sent her a few other lovely goodies :) Hopefully it'll ease the heart-ache...since Matt left on Monday, only a few days before her birthday :( The semi-bright side is that because of the volcano eruption in Iceland, flights to the UK were canceled, so they got to be together an additional 4 days! Yesterday was also Jenny's birthday :) Which reminds me...Jenny & Diego might be moving up here this summer! Isn't that exciting? I love our apartment, but moving into a 2 bedroom for not much more is great, and hopefully we'll move into a pet friendly place so Bambina can come up here! I miss my baby :( She'd love it up here :) Well, I'd love to have her up here, lol...she's extra nice when it's a little chilly out because she wants extra cuddles because she's cold, which makes her extra sweet (yes, she is manipulative and uses my soft spot for craving her cuddles to fulfill her selfish need for extra warmth, lol). I've also been saying for quite some time that I want a puppy...and I think Bambi could get a long with a dog (who isn't Yoshi or Fenris, lol) especially if it's just a harmless little puppy. Bambina's never really been around any dogs...aside from Yoshi and Fenris...Yoshi being a cat-hating dog who wants to kill her (seriously, he tries every time they visit) and Fenris being part-wolf and has trouble controlling his hunting nature sometimes. But, given a small puppy who hasn't been exposed to cats, and socialized to get along with cats? I think they could be friends :)


Anyway, long tangent aside...I think I had a point somewhere...hmmmm...oh, more updates! Yanira (my dear friend and wonderful fashion designer) is going to make my dress for Sahar's quinceanera! She has some great ideas, I sent her a bunch of things that I liked, mostly from ModCloth.com and she drew this out for me:


Isn't she fantastic? At my request, she's going to incorporate some lace as well :D Oh goodness, I have an obsession with lace...whether it's unhealthy is up in the air at this point, lol, but I think I'm okay ;)

Speaking of which, Sahar, my dear little sister, if you read this: please put a little more effort into your planning!!!

Unlike myself, Sahar is not one to plan things...I've been looking at 2 bedroom places for months...just to look around, get a feel for the market, lol...same with puppies...I like planning...it makes me happy :)

So, blogger world, I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday! Also, Happy Weekend! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment