Thursday, April 1, 2010

Recap

It is now Thursday, April 1st...no, this isn't an April Fools related blog post, sorry, lol...The only reason I'm mentioning the date is because it's been quite a few days since I've posted anything, so what have I been up to these past few days, you might wonder...

Aside from enjoying my Spring Break with lots of down time, and the other time looking for a job...I've been working on a collaborative project with my talented friend MPG :)

Basically, I made (and am still making) collages on my computer, and he will attempt to recreate them in real life for both his class, and for my white wall's benefit (I get to keep the final project, hehe)

They aren't necessarily done quite yet, and I've only done two so far, but I'm awfully proud of them, so I thought I'd show them off here :)



The first one is Roy Lichtenstein inspired (lol, obviously) I took some elements of some of his pieces and traced them in photoshop, and made them my own, but you can still tell that they're his, hehe...the second one was all me...well, sort of. The main lady is Ms. Zooey Deschanel, and the little lady in the bottom right hand corner is just one of the pin up girl photos I have sitting around :)

2 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are incredible!!!! No wonder Michael liked them. I am so beyond impressed right now/kind of want to make one myself. Teach me please?

    You are amazing, fantastic, and so talented. Please make more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee thanks!! :) yeah, i was actually pretty impressed too, lol and of course i'll teach you :)

    ReplyDelete