Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, I'm in Love!

Tonight started out horribly...about an hour and a half before our movie (Sherlock Holmes) started (I found out Crest Cinemas charges only $3 for the movies, all the time, everyday! Right now they have a bunch of movies that I've been wanting to see, but we don't go to the movies in order to save monies) I decided to take a shower. Kyle was playing a game, but he only takes a minute or two to get ready, so that was fine. I got out and was getting ready, my hair and I were in an epic power struggle (the back of my head never curls correctly) :[ and suddenly it was 7:30...the theater is 15 mins away, the movie started at 7:45, and I hate missing the previews. We should have given up on the movie then and there...but we're optimistic people, lol.

Kyle got our snacks together...he made Cheerio PB balls & grabbed some fruit snacks (yes, we're 5, lol)...I put my boots on and we headed out. It was farther away than we thought, and the parking lot and the over-flow parking lots were all full...it was 8pm when we finally were walking to the theater. We already knew that we missed Sherlock Holmes (walking over to the theater, Kyle started saying "I missed Sherlock, holmes" in his "ghetto" voice (LOL) and once we got to the front of the tiny theater, we didn't see any movie times up anywhere, and there was the window where you buy tickets, but the money exchange part was blocked off by a wood plank...the teenage girl inside pointed to the door...we awkwardly stood there said that "we were just looking for movie times"...then we discovered no movies were showing until after 9...so after mumbling he said I guess "we'll come back later" and we left. It was incredibly awkward, lol lol...so we probably won't be back there for a while :P

We were already out and about, so we decided that we'd just do something else...we ended up going to the Twin Gardens restaurant, it's like 5 mins from our place and it was number one on the Asian fusion list on Yelp. It turned out to be better than I expected, for no particular reason, but we missed it when we drove by it the first time, parked in the backyard, and it doesn't look like much from the outside, lol. But the interior was nice, the art and decorative lamps surpassed the checkered floor (red and white, lol) and fifties looking tables...the booths along the window looked a little more normal, haha...but the food was good and the Thai tea was the best I've ever had :) I had the Szechuan Eggplant & Tofu, Kyle got the Pad Thai with tofu...mine turned out better than his, it reminded me of Eggplant Delight at Sala Thai in SD :) His Pad Thai was missing bean sprouts, didn't enough green onions, and didn't have much peanuts in it...but it was still good :)

The night was salvaged with good food...and now I'm gonna pull an all-nighter in order to get my sleeping pattern normal by Monday, lol. We stopped at QFC ground up some Ballard Blends (think global, buy local!) bought more creamer, some biscotti, and we're all good to go! :) The goal is to not fall asleep until 10pm tomorrow...I'm pretty sure I could make it on my own, but the coffee is a nice backup plan :P



Watching the Graduate & American Beauty is on our to-do list for our American Film class, so it'll be a fun movie night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment