Saturday, March 27, 2010

For my 101th post...

I'll be boring and talk about stuff you probably don't care about...oh wait, isn't that what I do with every written entry? Haha

It's past 3am, so why am I still awake? Good Question. Kyle's been asleep since like 10pm, lol So he'll probably wake up in 3 hours...and I'll sleep for around 6 hours...being on different sleeping patterns kind of sucks :( All week he's been falling asleep before/at the time we watch our TV shows...last night I was making dinner (rice & enchiladas) while trying to watch Community...I didn't do too bad, but Kyle fell asleep before the Office came on, and before I finished dinner. So, I ate dinner alone and watched our shows alone...well, I guess not technically alone, he was asleep on the couch next to me, haha. Anyway, it's just kind of lame, because once he's asleep, I've got a few hours of just being alone, which I guess I could spend sleeping, and I'll probably go to sleep after I finish this, but it would just be nice to be back on the same sleeping pattern. To be honest, the reason we're so off is probably my fault. He got sick like a week after me, and so he's still getting over his cold, so he ends up sleeping from like 9pm-6am...and I sleep from like 3am-11am...sadly, neither of us are on normal sleeping patterns, lol. Or, at least what I consider normal...we normally sleep from like 12am-7am, so we're both really off, lol.

Sleeping pattern complaints aside...I am proud to say that I am no longer sick, I am no longer in school, and I am much happier in general, hehe! We went to Gas Works Park earlier this week, it was 70 degrees out, and so we had a nice little picnic, soaked up some Vitamin D, people watched, and I took some pictures. Today, we went to the mall so I could pick up a new wallflower from Bath & Bodys Works...don't tell them, but I bought 2 a long time ago, and I only used 1 of them until we moved up here (I bought the second one in preparation for having an apartment) and a couple of months ago, we noticed that one of them doesn't work. But it's been too long to return it :( So, the sneaky plan is to swap the new one for the old one. I don't feel too bad returning it because it is brand new! It was never used because it never worked! So, when I return it, I won't be lying to say it doesn't work...hopefully the plan works...even if it doesn't, the wallflowers were on sale today for only $6...also, I bought Lavender Vanilla refills, and I'm using the scent in the bedroom, and it is deliciously lovely and sleep inducing :)

While on our stroll through the mall (after we got some thai food and boba) we encountered one of those new digital vending machines! Super cool :) Look for them at Simon Malls near you!
(please excuse my dumb face, haha)

After the mall, we went to Target (right across the street) because I wanted to buy a doughnut pan (I want to bake vegan doughnuts) and I couldn't find one. So, instead we bought a deep fryer, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and some day quill. Upon seeing french presses, we decided to go to Ikea since we were already out and about...and because our french press broke, and doughnuts without coffee is so sad. On our way there, we nearly got in an accident on the freeway. We were exiting, when all of a sudden about 4 cars in front of us come to a complete stop and are swerving to avoid hitting each other, so we follow suit, and shortly after, everyone starts moving again. There was seriously almost a 4 car accident over NOTHING. Traffic had been flowing perfectly, no one was suddenly trying to get out of the exit lane, after being stopped for a minute or so, everyone started moving again. It was super weird and really dangerous! Anyway we wanted to buy replacements for all the glass products we've broken over the months (3 drinking glasses, our pitcher, and the french press) but we couldn't find our french press! :( The bright side is we picked up some cute throw blankets, a garlic press, a whisk, and some lingonberry concentrate! :)
So we were driving back home and we took the express route which doesn't lead to our exit, it only offers the exit above ours, and we're about to go home, when we stop at Target one more time for a french press. Yes, there is a little bit of irony there :P

We get home, eat leftovers, and Kyle falls asleep. No doughnuts tonight, but tomorrow, I'm all over doughnut making! I've done a lot of research, I've combined a few ideas, and I think I have the perfect recipe. I also have a couple of different types of toppings for the doughnuts, so I'll take pictures of my creations, and post a recipe if it all works out!

Since that is all I have to say, I bid thee goodnight. Sweet dreams Internet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment