Monday, March 1, 2010

Saucey!

Today, I came to the realization that I had about 10 ripe pears! Some of them even nearing being over-ripened! So, in an attempt to use a whole bunch of them all at once, I decided to make Pear Sauce! (much like Apple Sauce, except with, well, Pears!) It was simple, and it turned out deliciously! :)


You need:
    6 very ripe pears (you could minus a pear, and throw in an apple! or something else!)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup agave nectar-optional (I was all out, so I just used water, and added about 2 teaspoons of sugar!)
    2 teaspoon cinnamon
    juice of one large lemon

Directions:
1) Wash, peel, and dice pears. Mash with a fork and add to a medium sized pot.
2) Add salt, agave (or water/sugar), cinnamon and half the lemon juice, and turn heat to medium.
3) Reduce until volume is about half while constantly stirring.
4) Turn off heat, add rest of lemon juice and let rest for a few more minutes.

If you want to preserve this for a while, use good canning practices. I just jarred it in some re-used, clean jars, and threw it in the refrigerator (I like my sauces to be cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment