Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh, my lovely better half...

There are days when I forget to breathe, yesterday was definitely one of them.

I am Happy most days, happy with a capital H!

But! I am human...so on certain days, perhaps when the planets and stars align (or when my uterus is at war with itself) where I forget how to breathe. Instead, all I can focus are on my worries.

But when I do worry, I worry a lot, and I worry about everything and anything possible. How we're suppose to do this or that. How things are going to work out, if things are going to work out at all! When things will happen, if they're ever going to happen.

I was worrying so much I cleaned the entire kitchen (I can't sit still while upset/worrying) then I moved on to the bathroom, did/put away the laundry.

Kyle was having a fine day, (aside from me getting him sick, lol) he was nerding out playing online with friends and despite knowing something was bothering me, didn't press the subject.
That is until he found me lying on our bed staring off into space. That's when I remembered I have a best friend who I tell everything to...so I told him everything, all of my worries. He listened patiently and then told me exactly what I wanted to hear: "Everything's going to be all right. We'll figure it all out, don't worry, I'm here."

So, what have we learned?

1. Breathing is essential.
2. Worrying is perfectly fine, but sharing worries is much better than hoarding them.
3. Kyle=the sane, level-headed one in this relationship, and should therefore be sought on days of uncertainty.
4. Being upset/worrying isn't a total waste, the apartment is now sparkling :)

I'm sure all this stress is mostly the fault of my uterus, my sickness, and my attempts to study for finals. But, I aced my psych exam, so I'm feeling pretty good right now (for now)!

No comments:

Post a Comment