Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Tuna Fish"

When I was little, peanut butter and jelly sammiches were my favorite! But, on the rare occasion that I couldn't have PB&J, tuna sandwiches were my second favorite! I haven't had a tuna sandwich in years but every now and then, when I'm in the mood for a sandwich, I think back on those tuna sandwiches that I haven't had in forever. Thanks to this recipe, though, I can relive an old favorite sandwich!

"Tuna" Sandwich



You will need:
1 can of garbanzo beans
About 1 tablespoon of veganaisse (or mayo)
About 1 tablespoon of relish (or you can chop up some pickles)
A pinch of pepper
A pinch of salt
2 slices of bread
Lettuce

Directions:
1. Drain the can of garbanzo beans, put them in a bowl and using a fork, mash them up a bit.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Add the about a tablespoon of the "mayo" or a little less, or a little more, depending on the consistency that you desire.
3. Toast your bread, spread the mixture onto one piece of bread, top with some lettuce, and then the other piece of bread.

Tah dah!

(This can also be a "Tuna" Salad recipe, minus the bread, add more lettuce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment