Saturday, March 13, 2010

Movies

I've circled the indentations that the dumb 3-D glasses made in RED.
I was waiting for Kyle while he got a drink from the water fountain, when I noticed these guys giving me a weird look...feeling uncomfortable I took out my phone to check my messages I had gotten while watching Alice in Wonderland in Imax & 3-D
As Kyle and I were walking to the car talking about the movie, all of a sudden he turns to me and says, "what happened to your face??" I reply: "what do you mean?"
He bursts out laughing saying that the 3-D glasses left really big marks on face
I look in the mirror, remember the guys, and start laughing. I took a picture when I got home, and though I circled the marks to make sure you could see them, keep in mind this is after driving home, so 10 minutes before this picture was taken, the marks looked really bad!
Kyle spent the entire way home mimicking my supposed thought process saying something similar to "maybe if I really push the 3-D glasses onto my face, I can see the 3-D even better! Yeah! I'll just press as hard as I can!"
hahaha...to be honest, this is probably just karma...
We arrived at the theaters with about 10 mins to spare, but there was only one booth open, so we spent 5 mins waiting in line to buy the tickets, and by the time we got to our theater, it was nearly completely full, aside from the very front seats (and that'd just be horrible watching a movie in Imax & 3-D!) So, we went up stairs and watched Shutter Island because it was starting 10 mins after Alice...

*spoiler alert!* Shutter Island was alright...but like other movies similar to it...you can't even spend the movie trying to piece the mystery together because come the end of the movie, you're told that everything was from the perspective of a character who's perspective isn't trustworthy because it wasn't real. So in all fairness, the ending was "ridiculous" but that's just because there was literally no way to guess it. Though Kyle did technically "call" it by saying "the twist better not be that he was actually the crazy one the entire time".

Anyway, I went into Alice with pretty high expectations, and while I thought it was good, it didn't blow me away...I enjoyed watching it, but I probably won't watch it ever again.The 3-D was fun, however, and the acting was good...it just seemed (to me at least) that the plot lacked a certain "umph". But, I still recommend it, even if just for the cinematography :) [and a certain dance sequence by a certain Johnny Depp, hehe]

4 comments:

  1. Damn you why didn't you put a spoiler alert on your shutter island review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Sorry! I didn't think anyone really read this, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a lot of things to distract me from being productive in the least bit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most definitely understand, thus the existence of this blog , lol :)

    p.s. I added "spoiler alert" just so this won't happen to anyone else, haha

    ReplyDelete